SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  Old School in Finland..
Page 1 of 1    

Old School in Finland..

The Boneless-one
Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for watching.

Last edited by The Boneless-one on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
steve-g
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Cool pics dude. Do all the Helsinki skaters still hang out at the blocks by the modern art museum next to the Mannerheim statue? I think the road is Mannerheimintie. Been a few years since I've been there.
The Boneless-one
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:51 am Reply with quote
Thanks. Yes, you got the road and spot right. The mainstream skaters hang out in there. The others use their imagination. Personally however, i'm avoiding the spot. There's plenty of decent spots than just those 3 granite blocks but then again, it's for those who do not know what else there is in skateboarding than just fancy krooked grinds, over-tightened trucks and the ollie.
You know?
sidewalk surfur
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:36 am Reply with quote
I like this shot.

How high is that curb/ledge?

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks I'd say it's nearly 2,5 feet, so i had to try hard couple times to get on top of it in right angle. Aiming the front truck to hit on to the ledge was a result of numerous hits and misses.
steve-g
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:43 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
The Boneless-one wrote:
Thanks. Yes, you got the road and spot right. The mainstream skaters hang out in there. The others use their imagination. Personally however, i'm avoiding the spot. There's plenty of decent spots than just those 3 granite blocks but then again, it's for those who do not know what else there is in skateboarding than just fancy krooked grinds, over-tightened trucks and the ollie.
You know?

I know. I'd much prefer to go fast and find new stuff than stand in line next to a knee high block. I've never had much chance to explore in Helsinki though as I've always gone there on day-trips from Turku. I remember a really long curb near the train station that went downhill for ages; it was possible to ollie onto it and grind for like 30 meters!
The Boneless-one
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:59 am Reply with quote
Haha, yes i know that curb. It's insane. i've seen few kids grind on it all the way down plus the donwhill is actually pretty steep so you'll gain more and more speed while grinding.

Page 1 of 1