SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  My 8" original Alva will be up for sale at ebay
Page 1 of 1    

My 8" original Alva will be up for sale at ebay

alvadude7
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I bought it new 1976-77 $50 Canadian. That makes me one old shit.It's at least as clean as the triple logo one pictured on this site.Would post photo,buying dig cam soon. top has 99.9% griptape remaining(hasn't discolored)Logo close to perfect,bottom has 95+% of Blue Alva logo remaining,some of which is covered in stickers(which kept logo clean).Take off stickers before ebay? Has skidplate so tail is quite clean. The old 70's Tracker mid tracks and Blue Kryptonics(lots of life). When I post I won't end early since BIL pissed so many off,ten day auction. There's one with same stuff(to a tee)on it on ebay now. Mine's in better shape. No shit. If anyone wants to know more leave email address here at this site. Later
Smakutus
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
I'd leave the stickers on it and let the buyer clean them off if they want. I kinda like cool stickers on a deck if it's a complete.

I also don't think having a auction run for more than 7 days makes much difference. I run mine for 7 and figure everybody that is looking for your deck will see it at some point that week.. Of course.. That "one person" could be on vacation all that week I guess..

I'd like to see photos when you get them..

Thanks,
Jeff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Green Monkey
Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:08 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I totally agree with Smak. Leave the stickers for someone else to deal with. Either the buyer will like having them on there, or it will be up to them to get them off to their own satisfaction and you won't have to worry about possible mishaps.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:38 am Reply with quote
Thanks Smakutus and The Green Monkey for your advice. It makes sense,actually the stickers on the deck are all from the 70's(Toft designs,Sims,Dogtown,GNC Skates) . Have a digital camera now so as soon as I can get through the manual, I'll get the photos up on here for you guys to check out if you want.
I also have a 12"wide Head Honcho board with what I believe are the first series of Indy 169's and Sims Snake Conicals( 4 different colours).There was a competitive vert team out here in Vancouver BC(Western Canada)called Team Head Honcho. This deck was designed to be set up as an eight wheeler like Toft Designs Crazy Eight-Wheeler but I rode it with standard 4 wheel setup. Toft designs were wider I think. The grip tape is pretty cool,it's made up of 32 lower case h's that a dumbass kid (me)put on it. The cool part is that the h's were retailed only in Canada, I didn't cut them out. If I hear that anyone is interested for whatever reason I'll post pics of it too.

Thanks
Smakutus
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:34 am Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
12" wide honcho eh? Let's see it too..

Thanks,
Jeff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:08 am Reply with quote
I'd be interested in the Honcho. Something is wrong with my linked e-mail, so try [email protected]

Thanks, Tim

Page 1 of 1