SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Which is more bland?
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Which is more bland?

Which of these foods is more bland?

Mayonnaise  
66%
  [ 10 ]  66%

Vanilla ice cream  
33%
  [ 5 ]  33%

Total Votes : 15
Stranglehold77
Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 10 Apr 2002 Posts: 5437 Location: Victoria BC CANADA
@zodes: Yeah we have black people up here too, but everyone eats Mayo up here so I think my test would be flawed. When I saw that movie I had never heard that before (the mayo thing that is).

@GOB: yeah, mayo on a hot dog is just wrong, but I know lots of folks who dip their fries in it (Not me though!).

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Lots of black people here, zodes. Orientals, Middle Easterners, Baltics, Russians, Ozzies, New Zealanders, Brits, Africans, Jamaicans, Europeans... it's quite the vibrant cultural cocktail.

Mayo? Blah! Co-op brand Miracle Whip rules!

Vanilla ice cream? Not when there's chocolate! Sorbet is even better.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote
"oriental is not the prefered nomenclature, Asian American, please."
Stranglehold77
Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Apr 2002 Posts: 5437 Location: Victoria BC CANADA
theshralpster wrote:
"oriental is not the prefered nomenclature, Asian American, please."

Asian Canadians, actually if you want to get picky about it.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
@TGM
You are wayyyy off on the mayo tip.....I too thought our "American" mayo was meh...so so.....went to Belgium recently and they have a whole isle at the grocery store for various mayo's....good shit too!....I am a convert of mayo (their kind) on fries.

Now vanilla ice cream....to me, always tastes like eating cold sugar and ice chips.

Amor~1

Homer: "Wooo whooo! That sounds like a wager!"
The Green Monkey
Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:16 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Alright, you chowderheads.

Mayo is a requirement for a burger to be outstanding. Otherwise, it can rate no higher than a 9 out of 10.

I had a delicious burger yesterday in Franklin, NC. Two 1/4 patties, 'Murican cheese, bacon, chili, and cole slaw. Sublime.

Put whatever the fuck you want on hotdogs. I'm sick of Chicago-esque hotdog purists morally legislating other people's choices of toppings. What we really need to be concerned with are those people who do not like hotdogs in the first place. They're the true enemy here. Fuck them.

Up until now, I've refrained from voting, simply so that the first voter wouldn't be influenced by whatever I initially picked and I could hopefully obtain a meaningful answer out of the group. Here's what prompted my curiosity...

About a week ago, I used the adjective 'vanilla' to describe to THM my thoughts on watching the San Antonio Spurs, and Tim Duncan in particular. I love Ginobili and Horry, but can't really stand Duncan or Parker. Good team though, obviously.

Anyway, THM disagreed with my use of the word vanilla when plainly used within the boundaries of the second adjective definition, in bold below:

Quote:

va�nil�la Audio pronunciation of "vanilla" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-nl)
n.

1. Any of various tropical American vines of the genus Vanilla in the orchid family, especially V. planifolia, cultivated for its long narrow seedpods from which a flavoring agent is obtained.
2. The seedpod of this plant. Also called vanilla bean.
3. A flavoring extract prepared from the cured seedpods of this plant or produced synthetically.

adj.

1. Flavored with vanilla: vanilla pudding.
2. Lacking adornments or special features; basic or ordinary: �We went through a period of vanilla cars� (Charles Jordan).

I love mayonnaise, and she loathes it. She suggested that mayonnaise was a better description for that sort of assessment. I disagree.

Vanilla ice cream, as in just plain old fucking vanilla ice cream--nothing gourmet with actual vanilla beans in it, or any of Ben or Jerry's splendid additions--just the crappiest possible ice cream, in the crappiest possible flavor. That's what I'm comparing something to when I describe it as vanilla.

Vanilla ice cream is no better than a plain hamburger or cheese pizza. What the fuck are those people thinking? It could be so much better if you add a few of a thousand different things. Why in the hell would anyone ever opt for the plainest possible scenario when so many better choices are obviously available?

Mayonnaise is obviously a major role player in any manner of delicious foods. It needs no explanation or promotion, it simply speaks for itself. I truly feel sorry for you people who don't like mayonnaise.

Vanilla ice cream is a good foundation for an ice cream flavor, but it isn't the whole damn house. Add something to it, and you've likely got a winner. Leave it plain, and you might as well just throw it away. It's not a flavor. It's the anti-flavor. Plain. Boring. Ordinary. Vanilla.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
here's what i like about mayo....

it's made with raw eggs....raw eggs, people....how kickass is that...

here's a food that says....yea, i'm all about salmonella...eat me..i dare you...

fuck yea..mayonaisse gets my respect...fuck that bitch ass-ed vanilla punk
lush702
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Vanilla ice cream - BOOOOOO

Mayo - YEEEAAAAA

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:38 am Reply with quote
i love mayo, but was really grossed out to learn that my mexican friends love mayo on corn on the cob!!!!! waahhhhhh? i love mexican food and mayo (seperately!), but mayo on corn on the cob is just wrong!!!!!

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3