SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Which is more bland?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is more bland?

Which of these foods is more bland?

Mayonnaise  
66%
  [ 10 ]  66%

Vanilla ice cream  
33%
  [ 5 ]  33%

Total Votes : 15
LanceM
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote
I'd take vanilla over mayo in a heartbeat. Just seeing mayo can make me lose my appetite. Not that it tastes all that bad. I can tolerate it when mixed with Catsup/Ketchup because it's appearance becomes less offensive.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
LanceM wrote:
I can tolerate it when mixed with Catsup/Ketchup because it's appearance becomes less offensive.

Isn't that the basis for 1000 Island dressing?
zodiac13
Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Add a little pickle relish and you're there.

Mayonnaise is the superior food product in this debate. I defy you to make a decent hamburger without it. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that anyone who puts ketchup on a burger or a hot dog should be shot in the face with nails. What are you, 6 years old?! Don't even get me started on Mayonnaise's contribution to crab cakes and other seafood related sauces. Or better yet, the simple, traditional, ham sandwich. A ham sandwich without mayonnaise is like listening to the newest Misfits album.

Mayo goes on burgers.
Mustard goes on dogs/brats.

Vanilla ice cream is simply for senior citizens and Republicans.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Now mayonaisse flavoured ice cream - THATS in a league of its own!

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
hmmmm i think mayo is the king of condiments and vanilla ice cream is my favorite flavor (if you can't make good vanilla ice cream you can't make good ice cream!). i guess this means that i'm pretty bland. welcome to miami TGM, can't wait to hang out!
modskin
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote
zodiac13 wrote:
Add a little pickle relish and you're there.

Mayonnaise is the superior food product in this debate. I defy you to make a decent hamburger without it. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that anyone who puts ketchup on a burger or a hot dog should be shot in the face with nails. What are you, 6 years old?! Don't even get me started on Mayonnaise's contribution to crab cakes and other seafood related sauces. Or better yet, the simple, traditional, ham sandwich. A ham sandwich without mayonnaise is like listening to the newest Misfits album.

Mayo goes on burgers.
Mustard goes on dogs/brats.

Vanilla ice cream is simply for senior citizens and Republicans.

I side with the Zodiac on this one. Mayo on burgers (veggie in my case) and mustard on the dogs (also veggie).

Hell, I will even go so far as to say mustard on pretty much everything..

We all know that when you buy a big pretzel on the street and put mustard on it, you aren't throwing down $3 to eat a big pretzel.. You are throwing down $3 for a doughy mustard delivery vehicle. The pretzel is merely a substrate used to transfer mustard into your system.

And none of that spicy brown shit, gimme the ol' faithful tangy yellow. Like neon death in a bottle..
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
bondiboy66 wrote:
Now mayonaisse flavoured ice cream - THATS in a league of its own!

delicious

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Apr 2002 Posts: 5437 Location: Victoria BC CANADA
modskin wrote:

And none of that spicy brown shit, gimme the ol' faithful tangy yellow. Like neon death in a bottle..

AMEN BROTHER! Mustard is the supperior condement. Mayo has it's place (potato, seafood and pasta salad; deli sandwiches and burgers) but mustard goes with all of that and more. And much to zodiac's chagrin, ketchup goes on burgers and dogs EVERY TIME! Yellow + Red = Tasty!

oh yeah, the topic.

I won't hesitate to eat a big bowl of vanilla ice cream by itself but I'd never eat a bowl of mayo by itself... That makes mayo more bland.

Another thought: Is it true that black people don't eat mayo like in the flick Undercover Brother?

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Stranglehold77 wrote:
And much to zodiac's chagrin, ketchup goes on burgers and dogs EVERY TIME! Yellow + Red = Tasty!

Wrong. Red+Yellow are only allowed on one thing together: Corn Dogs. BUT, the mustard and ketchup have to be mixed before hand. Sorry, but, them's the rules.

Also, about the Black people and Mayonnaise thing....What, you don't have any Black people up there in Canada to run your own tests on? I'm keepin' the tastes of my Southern Nubian Brethren a secret. You gotta do your own homework, Ty!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Jul 2003 Posts: 15098 Location: Heaven or Hell...kinda hard to tell.
I like both too. I've had some really non bland Vanilla ice cream that rocked...for the most part though I like the Ben & Jerry's multi-ingredient sorta stuff best.

Mayonaise is, in my opinion, the blander of the two...but you can't get along without it. My wife just brought home some sorta Wasabi flavored stuff that was non bland and pretty tastey.

I'm also of the mind that ketchup, mustard, and mayo should go on a burger.

Mustard and ketchup on a hot dog.

Mustard on a corndog.

Mayo on a hot dog is simply to Freudian to me.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next