SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Selling decks through a distributor.
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Selling decks through a distributor.

NJSkateDad
Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
How does one go about getting their small company decks sold through a distributor? ie Eastern, South Shore, etc.
I have decks in local shops now and i am wondering how/when I move on to selling to distribs.
Rob
oasis
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:23 am Reply with quote
By not being a small company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
It may take a while South Shore is not accepting any new companies right now and Eastern only sells "branded" companies (whatever the hell that means).

Blue Collar is open to new brands, but Im not sure how difficult it is to get gear in their catalog.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NJSkateDad
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
By not being a small company
I was afraid of that

Actually, I just shot off am email to Blue Collar asking them about. Won't know unless I try.

Rob
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote
NJSkateDad wrote:
Actually, I just shot off am email to Blue Collar asking them about. Won't know unless I try.

Rob

Cool, my rep over there (Charlie) is cool and everyone I have talked to over there is cool so I am sure they will give you a straight up answer.
MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:23 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Try JWID
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
MileHighSkates wrote:
Try JWID

Last time I talked to Jason he said he wasnt brining on any new brands either, but it wont hurt to send him an email I guess.

[email protected]
TRUpah
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
ya didnt just think you could make a phone call write a check slap up a website and start selling on a distribution level did ya?......
ill bet whoever sold you those boards made it look like it though.....

just kidding....

i got a connect down here who got in with south shore and told me how to do it....

but that is beyond the scope of this forum...
dangersticks
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
Smoothill, RAX?
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I've looked into this quite profusely brotha. A small brand 99.9% of the time CAN'T get into any major distributing companies. I talked to Smoothill pretty indept about the whole situation. How they, and most other distributors, add a new company to their roster is when a set number of shops request it. In order for shops to request it ...there needs to be skaters that go in and request it to them. It's hard to do, but by advertising you build up a certain "demand" for your product. Advertising sucks, but its the main source of gainging that "demand". I suggest getting the shops you have just to request your brand to their distributors, ask kids to request your brand to shops ...and start advertising in small time magazines and websites. Myspace is free and just go around clicking people to be your friends ...its a good way to let people know about you guys. Another good way is when you are ready, put out the most impressive press release you can get together and send it to everybody and their mama (Transworld, Distributors, Sites). Let companies know that you exist and that you are serious.

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next