SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Mimic Skateboards
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Mimic Skateboards

ThrashCan
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote
If your not going to ride them and are doing little runs mimic is your place.

If your gonna ride them and can do a run of like 25 you have some options.

skateboardprintingdotcom is in cali. only problem I had with them was communication.

Pennswood is in Pennsylvania, good guys willing to help their fellow man.

Anyone can start a skateboard brand, but not everyone can do it right.
stoney66
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyone can start a skateboard brand, but not everyone can do it right.

-amen bro!!
skinny
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Guys,
I am showing these posts to a potential supplier for veneer.
I have been bustin my ass to get a solid supply of veneer.
If things work out I will extend some oem offers.

Right now I was assed out of the buying season.
Next cuttings will be in july-sept. I will nail down something then.

Until then I am sorry that so many people are having trouble on this, but just try to buy veneer and you will wish for the days of crappy cheap ass decks....that someone else made.

-Milt
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:24 pm Reply with quote
sounds good milt, I'm already using two manufacturers. One for printing my own stuff and one to handle the more complex designs. The ones I print will be like price points, simple and cheaper and the others will be normal price. Maybe I can do something more high end with you...who knows.

Keep us informed.
HurtSBC
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
misunderstanding

Last edited by HurtSBC on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
nicejob
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quote
They are making over 500 boards a week and they are mostly repeat customers.
The skateboard industry is hard for any new skate brand.
Most shops will not buy a new skate brand because they only buy what kids are asking for. Most of their customers are start up or first time buyers wanting to get into the skate industry. Starting up a skate line is not easy to do unless you are willing to sell the boards at skate parks and word of mouth. If you are not willing to do that for a long time before it takes off then don't even bother trying to sell decks.
Most people that start up a skate company are young kids that even have their mom and dad order the decks for them. If they are not successful they want to make up excuses and blame someone else. The skateboard industry is hard to get into and in most cases it requires some other job to make the money to invest in your line of decks..
The fact that does not lie is that mimic has the best prices and no setup fees. Not charging setup fees is like giving free money away. They do this to show good faith on their part. If they wanted to rip people off then they would not be in business for long. They only go out of their way to help their customers save money to invest in advertising and other promotional needs that it take to make a new skate line. They have many customers that come back for more and they don't seem to have any problems. If their boards we so crappy then why would they have the lowest minimum with no setup fees. They do this because They know they will come back for more. I know I do!
ThrashCan
Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
So I just wanna revive this dead ass thread.

I spoke with Travis from Mimic he didnt really like what he was reading on here and wanted to fix it. We chatted for awhile about the issues I had and he assured me they had revamped their process to make sure every board is up to par. I decided to give him another shot and got 30 boards pressed up. They arrived promptly and everything was in order. The graphics are clean and the boards are solid.

Travis is a good guy and he makes good boards. We had some issues but resolved them.

I'm not going to delete my other posts because they state facts that were true. I will however give Mimic a thumbs up and Id recommend them to anyone.
OLDMANARMY
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
That's good to hear Thrashcan. I too was thinking about doing a small run through them as the no art fees/set-up sounds pretty damn tempting.

Something not mentioned is that you need to order one of their in-stock decks to be able to get the free art set up. I believe their in stock stuff is regular popsicle shapes in the different sizes.

Thrashcan-maybe you can explain this a little better, because I was confused on the phone with mimic. I asked them if they screened decks as well as heat transfers. They said that their graphics process was a combination of both. I'm confused-

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote
I'm not 100% certain on this, but it's my understanding that their graphics are screened onto the heat transfer material rather than onto the decks. Their CKMY, however are printed onto the material.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next