SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Zodiac13 comes through!
Page 1 of 1    

Zodiac13 comes through!

TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
So here I was in a pinch....just bought a talapia (sp?) fillet stuffed with crabcake from the local Publix....it was only $4.75 or so and plenty enough for me...well, I was baking it up, but wanted something on it...something that would go well with it.....of course, my first "go to" is always hot sauce...easy enough...but predictable....I wanted something different...new...but easy to make. I called Zodiac13 and apologetically asked if I could have a bit of his time....I explained my situation and asked for a quick recipe with what I had at hand.......here was his idea:

-lemon juice
-butter
-basil (I had the dry kind....like in the little spice can thing)
-a dash of Balsalmic vinegar (I keep it around for pasta)
Mix the lemon juice and butter and basil in a small dish....heat but do NOT heat so much as to boil or brown the butter (as Zodiac13 stated well, "we've all done it and learned our lesson"). The basil should soften up in the process too. Pour it over the fish (or dish) and then splash on a bit of balsalmic vinegar. Eat and enjoy.

So I thanked him for his time and whipped up his quick recipe to put over the baked talapia. Man o' man is he the genius in the kitchen!!! It was awesome!!! I had my doubts, but the the fish and crabcake really helped with what I thought was going to be some bitter/sour tasting junk. It was a taste combination like I can not express....try it yourself!

Again....thanks sooooo much Zodiac13....I woulda called instead of posting here but it was late and I got my "1 call per month" quota in with you already (haha). Let's hope my insides can handle the butter and lemon.....hahahaha

Amor~1

Homer: "Wooo whooo! That sounds like a wager!"
zodiac13
Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Glad to be of some assistance.

I had corn dogs for dinner. Mmmm.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:49 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
i wish i had a Z13 up here...

one of those would really round out the NE crew.

Page 1 of 1