SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Powell/Bones
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Powell/Bones

DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Anyone know of a distributor that moves Powell/Bones gear besides SkateOne themselves and Eastern? I am mainly looking for wheels and bearings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
I think AWH stocks them.
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I didnt see Bones in the aWH online list of products. I know they do Powell decks, but I am mainly looking for wheels and maybe bearings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:44 pm Reply with quote
DomitianX wrote:
I didnt see Bones in the aWH online list of products. I know they do Powell decks, but I am mainly looking for wheels and maybe bearings.

Have you contacted them (SOC/Bones) about getting an account?
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I have, but being online only Kam didnt think I had much of a chance. Paperwork was sent it today though so we will see what happens.
MileHighSkates
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
DomitianX wrote:
Yeah I have, but being online only Kam didnt think I had much of a chance. Paperwork was sent it today though so we will see what happens.

Took me a year to get an account with them. Took a while longer to get terms (net-30 vs cod).
DomitianX
Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I cant get damn near everything else the kids whine about around here but I cant get any Bones shit.

I talked to Eastern and the gal on the phone lectured me about Shitbird and his "highly illegal" shitfire wheels. How he was infringing on Spitfires copyrights or some shit. I really dont want to do business with them, but I will probably have to. I can get an account, but my morals are telling me to ignore them.
TRUpah
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote
whats so bad about them and how is it so hard to get an account? I am referring to eastern
i was thinking of opening one with them cause they are close to FL and shipping would be bearable
anyone?.....
DomitianX
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:00 am Reply with quote
Bad about Eastern? The new sales account gal I talked to was a bit high and mighty. She was telling me that Shitbird wasnt a real company and that she knew all the companies that made skate gear. She also said that they are not branded because they carried everyone that was branded. Plus the whole lecture about copyrights and shit.

I know lots of people that use Eastern and they never really have a problem, but this gal rubbed me the wrong way and just irked me. I hate doing business with people that think they are high and mighty.

Its not that hard to get an account. They wont deal with companies that use a residential address for the business address and you have to provide pictures of your business space and possibly a copy of the lease agreement if they think you are trying to use a friends business address or something.

Also, they require you selll at MSRP prices. If they find you are undercutting the competition by quite a bit, they will cancel the account. She gave me some schpeel about protecting brick and mortar businesses.
TRUpah
Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote
so who will let me sell at my prices and is easy to get an account with?
i have tax id and all that shit....... just need a distro to hook me up...
i

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next