SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  WANNA' TRADE?  »  The Smakutus collection..
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

The Smakutus collection..

Smakutus
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
The PlayDead old school deck is cool guys.. If you're looking for something to ride that's a good one.

That BB deck is some sort of Brad Bowman made longboard.. I bought it on Ebay. The guy was selling three of them, all different sizes, with slightly different graphics. I got the smallest of the three.. It's a cool board and I got it for not much more than a brand new deck..

The deck between the Graivity (Which is a Jeff Budro model I had signed by him last March at Kona.. Jeff is a awesome skater who now sadly skates for Sector 9) and the DT is another new DT. The Chalice model. You can buy it here:

http://www.oldschoolskateboards.net/dogtown-decks.htm

Thanks,
Jeff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Smakutus
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I won't be taking any more group photos of my stuff until next spring.. But if you want to see the Coop stuff check em outt here:

http://coopstuff.com/Pages/Skate.html

Outt..
Jeff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
slob-air
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
I thought it looked like Bowman's old Sims Superman logo... Glad to see it's actually a Bowman. I was watching the Van's Triple Crown on the weekend and saw that Bob Burnquist was sporting the B.B. Superman logo on his deck - pretty lame me thinks.

[ This Message was edited by: slob-air on 2001-12-12 23:52 ]
Jivedown
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:04 am Reply with quote
Speaking of that Dogtown Chalice deck, have you rode it yet? If so, how was it? & Whats the concave like? I'm considering perhaps picking up either that one or the "Worst Case Scenario" DT deck.

Jive
playdeadculture.com
Smakutus
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Re: The Dogtown Chalice

I was riding a 10" x 33" Beer City blank before I got it, and the DT just felt weird.

What are all you guys riding now?

At the moment I'm using either a 10" x 32" or 34" Bulldog..

Outt..
Jeff.
Clay Hutz
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that D.T. Chalice has some MONSTEROUS concave. My friend had one at his shop a little while ago. Not exactly my cup of tea - I prefer the smaller more agile decks - but you pool shredders probably would love it. It seems really solid too.
Jivedown
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:41 pm Reply with quote
When it comes to pool/old school skating, I'm using the PlayDead boards, I have two set up & they are a solid ride.. I also ride a Playdead longboard & new school deck as well as a Dogtown BK Voodoo doll and a Powell 1989 Cab. I basically street skate and vert skate and do the occasional pool, so I tend to use several boards at once..

Jive

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2