SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  looking for a MANUFACTURER for decks
Page 2 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

looking for a MANUFACTURER for decks

skinny
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Yes, slob, it is the best maple i ever used. It is that old growth stuff
i was telling you about.
Every Sierra Nevada Skateboard Deck is made with it.
TRUpah
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
yeah ill try them again for like the third time
i really wanna use abc
oh well mabye they will respond
i like their attitude and company policies hopefully they come through and set me up with some boards anyone got some contact info for abc pm me plz.

all i want is some prices hook a brutha up

@hellconcave what are they charging a setup fee for printing? they didnt tell me anything about a setup charge except for printing hmmm.....?
slob-air
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
skinny wrote:
Yes, slob, it is the best maple i ever used. It is that old growth stuff
i was telling you about.
Every Sierra Nevada Skateboard Deck is made with it.

A little hard on the blades, no?

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Bits, blades,sandpaper, and worst of all everything I skate on. They are the best. I just hope Jim never cuts me off. I try not to piss him off.
dangersticks
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 1594 Location: Bombora's, California
The new runs of Afroman boards done at ABC are by far the best boards we've ever had. Hustlers coming super soon!
skinny
Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
The thing about Acme is, they put some serious thought into anything that goes into any product they make. As for the equipment they use, it is the top of the line stuff. The materials are obviously super good. They have the most advanced lamination setup I have ever seen. Its been like that for years. Seriously if your skateshop carries Scarecrow or Acme just compare it to the other stuff. You will see, stand on it. I have heard people try to dis on it and its just so pointless. I personally think they don't charge enough. Jim has told me about some of the things they do to ensure quality stuff... like they let their decks cure for WEEKs before they even think about cutting it. The most impressive thing is that even if they have pre-orders booked (sometimes hundreds of decks) they wait until the stuff is ready, lots of people just push it out the door...ready or not.
Some guys would just say "Get lost" or "I can make your decks...for a fee, I just cant help you out otherwise" The guy in charge is a SKATEBOARDER, it makes some big differences.
ThrashCan
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
TRUpah wrote:

@hellconcave what are they charging a setup fee for printing? they didnt tell me anything about a setup charge except for printing hmmm.....?

Transfers.........$150 setup I believe.

I'm goin with Penns for my personal printing. For more detailed designs I'll have a MFG do them not sure who. I was with mimic, great prices and stuff but its far away.
TRUpah
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote
yo skinny whats good with hookin someone up with some contact info like i said i would like to use abc but if not i wont lose any sleep over it

i have heard that penns prints arent the greatest quality i dont know could just be the salesperson tryin to hook me into their boards though...?
TenetSW
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:34 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
TRUpah wrote:

i have heard that penns prints arent the greatest quality i dont know could just be the salesperson tryin to hook me into their boards though...?

i didn't get too detailed in the designs for my first run, but they did 2 deck graphics and 4 shirt graphics and they came out awesome. the thing that impressed me is I didn't have any kind of vector program at the time, and everything i did was in a pixelated form, and Joe at penns hooked up ALL of my graphics in his own vector program and it seems like he cleaned up the images cause they look sharper on the products than they did on my computer screen. as to quality, there shit is no joke. i could go on all day about it, but the proof is in the pudding. Acme has to be great too cause scarecrow has amazing shit comin out all the time.

fork out the cash for a couple different samples from a couple different companies. this is the only way you can truly be satisfied that you made the decision YOU wanted to.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote
[quote="TRUpah"]yo skinny whats good with hookin someone up with some contact info like i said i would like to use abc but if not i wont lose any sleep over it
quote]

[email protected]
(949)722-1800 Phone
(949)722-9236 Fax

try this, put "looking for american made skateboard decks" in the re:
Good luck!

Page 2 of 7    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next