SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  What do you give to your Team riders ?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

What do you give to your Team riders ?

auragreg
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
TenetSW wrote:
you could put a picture of a dog taking a shit on a deck and if Spanky or Reynolds has there name all over it they'll buy it..... and your team members interact with the groms and don't act like some elitist assholes that are gods gift to skating, then i think thats the best advertising you can have.

that's a great quote BTW ....

And what you said about groms. So true. I actually made up a small paper that I gve to each kid the explains what I see their role in the team being.And how I see thm as a representative of my store. I have them (and their parents - if a minor) sign it. One of the things that I push is helping kids and being cool. If there is one thing that pisses me off, it's seeing a kid throw their board in a little tantrum. Especially a board that I give them for free!

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
TenetSW
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
auragreg wrote:
If there is one thing that pisses me off, it's seeing a kid throw their board in a little tantrum. Especially a board that I give them for free!

whoa! you took the words outta my mouth! hahaha

I won't even consider sponosorship for someone, whether its team, flow, or just the hook-up on prices unless I've seen the way they interact with other people. we were lucky enough to hook up with MattVon (from this forum) at 3rd Lair skatepark this weekend and he's gonna help our team out with some oppotunities to work hands on with some inner-city youths at his non-profit. I can't wait for it this fall and the kids on the team are super hyped about it. Thats the kinda kids I want by my side.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
[quote="TenetSW"] I won't even consider sponosorship for someone, whether its team, flow, or just the hook-up on prices unless I've seen the way they interact with other people. [quote]

I hear ya - we have so many kids come in for the first time and drop off a tape and just expect to get sponsored. Then I never see them again. Soon follows an email to me screaming that they are suprised that they havent heard from me. I'm amazed at the arrogance of some of them.

It's cool to see you've got your team giving back to the community. We're working hard right now to get a free public skatepark for the town. And you bet I'll be making sure my team is doing the fundraisers.

TenetSW
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
@auragreg-

i noticed you collect broken boards to raise money...i have a stack of boards that i've been collecting for awhile and i've considered sending them to you but i don't know if the cost for shipping will balance out the return for profit. let me know if you want them.

(you are the one that sends them off to a handbag designer or whatever, right?)

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote
yep - that's me ...

I hear ya, it would probably be too expensive to send them.

This is the link to the place we're gonna send them to: www.beckycity.com -- Maybe you can hook up with them and get some $$ on your own! Maybe give it to charity or something.

We know of a guy who can put them on a pallet for us. So that should be cool.

TenetSW
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote
holy crap!!
i was trying to imagine what they would look like and those are too f-ing cool!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Expensive too! My wife wanted to get one in our shop deck and it was like $200!

oasis
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote
those are hot. how much do they give you for boards?

we are working on a new park on the other side of the island and need any flow we can get.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
auragreg
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
$3 a deck I believe

benborden
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 May 2004 Posts: 371 Location: trapped somewhere in time...
they get anything for cost. ill pay for meals and stuff as well when we shred together. pay for dv tapes for filming, random things to keep the peeps happy. also pay entry fees for contests and stuffnow if can just get em to pay their blacklists then id be happy.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2