SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Old Alva
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Old Alva

donald20
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:42 pm Reply with quote
it is crap indeed,slob.BIL joined us on the 5th of november in order to find out how much his board is worth?
is that it?
can't be true what i hear here...
i got so much shit back in the days regarding my approach to ebay and its regulations.
what this guy pulled of here is hillarious.

i tried to play by the rules and what i see
here is that this newbie gets away with all that shit he pulls off here right in front of everybody's eyes.
sorry to be so upset,but i think and hope you get my point
later
don
kxmotox247
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Actually, this isn't much different from some of the stuff you read about in the "bad people to deal with" forum.
I can understand joining S&B to find out the value of a board. Whether or not BIL decides to sell his board...that's his own business.
But when he makes it available to all of us by advertising his auction on this site...and then canceling his auction in a mannor that most of us would consider shady...that just sucks.
itsonlymoney!!!
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:59 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Oct 2001 Posts: 1730 Location: Alternative Ulster -Belfast N.Ireland
BIL-
as someone already mentioned a tony hawk board was bought off line by somone on this site for $1500 and sold on for twice that the board was then placed on e-bay approx 3-4 weeks after first appearing and the 2nd guy more than doubled his money,while I dont think your board would have made over $6000 it was sitting at $900 after 24hrs and alot of big bidders that I would suspect of being interested in it (Kluskie,Smo King maybe even mad-rat) where more than likely holding on to the last hour I'm sure you got good money for your board but I think you would have got alot more on E-bay
It might even be winging its way to a member of this site but I have my own ideas where its going and if I'm right a somewhat scruffier alva splat will be sold on e-bay to pay for yours.
Gusto
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

On 2002-11-12 13:42, donald20 wrote:
i tried to play by the rules and what i see
here is that this newbie gets away with all that shit he pulls off here right in front of everybody's eyes.

i think everyones making him feel more than dumb enough for what he did. i dont think hes getting away with anything! oh well, his loss. someones gain.

either way shady tactics. and if hes happy i guess hats all that matters but i would think he's burnt himself amongst most people here.

[ This Message was edited by: Gusto on 2002-11-12 15:34 ]
willieleon
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm bummed, because I pointed him here from another forum, hoping that one of you collector types here would end up with a sweet deck. I like watching bidding and kicking myself over boards I used to have going for big bucks. I only bid against slob though
lotfortynine
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:43 pm Reply with quote
while we're talking about auctions getting ended early due to "offers too good to pass up," anyone know who swiped that old lance mountain future primitive I that was being sold on ebay in a lot with a used saiz and skull and sword? i would've liked to have seen that auction's close in the last hour, maybe even've put in a bid myself...
MasterPlan
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Relax gang. Big deal, he sold it on the side. It happens all the time. The way I see it, BIL got more $$ than he wanted and screwed eBay out of their closing fees. Good for him!

For those of you belly-achin' about not getting to be part of the action, y'all better get good at making side offers in the future. Even if you don't get the seller to end the auction early, at least they will know that there is interest in the item, which may prevent them from closing it early for someone else.

Think of it this way: this is kind of like a seller's answer to sniping. When I am selling, I am gripping down to the last second hoping for snipers. When the snipers didn't come, I have kicked myself in the past for not taking the side offers.

eBay can be a brutal place. That's for sure. That's my $0.02
Freshkid
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm with you here, I registered to ask questions about boards I own, to seek the benefit of your experience. The winning 'bidder' seems to have made a fair offer, one that seems 'too good to resist' when the valuations given here ranged from $300-$1000. Perhaps you should have said 'That COULD be worth $6,000!' in which case he would have left the auction to reach its conclusion. It's not so bad...I didn't think the board was worth $1000 anyway
Devilock
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Nov 2001 Posts: 1141 Location: Long Island, New York
After 23 years, I finally got it. As if you didnt know......

[ This Message was edited by: Devilock on 2002-11-23 00:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Devilock on 2002-11-23 00:39 ]
itsonlymoney!!!
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2001 Posts: 1730 Location: Alternative Ulster -Belfast N.Ireland
Sweet
looks really cool with the right wheels and trucks etc
a much nicer deck than any Hawk
But you did spoil are fun watching it on e-bay
here's all you need to complete the set up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...5&item=1585675992