SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  New guy with question....
Page 1 of 1    

New guy with question....

zaboz
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Standard intro:
Hi, my name is tom. I have been riding skateboards of various types for a long, long time (20 years-ish.) I live in Madison, WI and the dead of winter is eating me alive. I blow glass for a living (mostly in the form of neon signs.) Its cool and all, but this is what I'm thinking....
Question one:
I'd really like to do a small run of decks, nothing crazy, mostly new school shapes (popsicle stick) and an occasional hand shaped big board (trust me, I remember where I came from!)
I have no intention of getting a press, I'd like to get them pressed and cut and basically just do the paint to start.
Where do I go from here? From lurking around the forum, I've seen Prime, and I guess thats a good place to start. Are there others? I certainly dont want chineese wood, american or canadian only. Whos tops in quality? Price? (on small batches). Do blank board companys offer samples? (I'm not looking for freebies, just good shizzle...)
Whew...thats enough badgering questions for now, hope this post is flooded with killer responses', and hope all you skate wierdos out there have a good week. Thanks!!
tomz.
skinny
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
TenetSW
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
I went with Penns Wood at www.pennswoodmfg.com. Email me at [email protected] for some info

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote
zaboz wrote:
Standard intro:
Hi, my name is tom. I have been riding skateboards of various types for a long, long time (20 years-ish.) I live in Madison, WI and the dead of winter is eating me alive. I blow glass for a living (mostly in the form of neon signs.) Its cool and all, but this is what I'm thinking....
Question one:
I'd really like to do a small run of decks, nothing crazy, mostly new school shapes (popsicle stick) and an occasional hand shaped big board (trust me, I remember where I came from!)
I have no intention of getting a press, I'd like to get them pressed and cut and basically just do the paint to start.
Where do I go from here? From lurking around the forum, I've seen Prime, and I guess thats a good place to start. Are there others? I certainly dont want chineese wood, american or canadian only. Whos tops in quality? Price? (on small batches). Do blank board companys offer samples? (I'm not looking for freebies, just good shizzle...)
Whew...thats enough badgering questions for now, hope this post is flooded with killer responses', and hope all you skate wierdos out there have a good week. Thanks!!
tomz.

There is a place in Northern Wisconsin that you can get decks done. I was going to go that route, but the last one I stepped on had a little to much flex for me. I'm still going ot get a sample. You could even probably drive and get them to save on shipping costs and you could pass it onto the buyers so you can sell them a few bucks cheaper...

If you want the info, I can send it to you. I'm pretty damn sure they do Beer City decks...
zaboz
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:24 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah, I'd love that info! Right now I'm checking out all the different possibilities for this "project". I'd say all three of you guys have been VERY helpful and generous with info, which is waaaayyy different than what I'm used to! Thanks again!
DomitianX
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I gotta add Service Board MFG to the mix. Hit Rene up at [email protected] for pricing and info. I buy my blanks from him and paint/stencil them for the local kids. They love them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1