SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  springfield, illinois
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

springfield, illinois

tyler 309
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:14 am Reply with quote
i dont know how many of you are from illinois, or even near, but has anyone ever skated this(besides green monkey, i know he mentioned it)? it looks sick, i think i may have to make a trip up there tomorrow if its nice.

ShackleMeNot
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
when it gets warmer out, I plan on making a trip down there. looks sick

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
looks like it is in the middle of nowhere...
tyler 309
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
i actually hit it up early on monday while all the kids were at school. it was a little chilly, and there was still a few spots that had some water but it was sick. a little smaller then i expected, but still a fun park. it was a ways out...not too much around it. but i'd recomend it!
fiendskull9
Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Posts: 67 Location: Champaign, Illinois
hey,

i know this is an OLD ass post, but this park is sick as hell, sweet bowl, and george from skanks was one of the designers, so its good.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:26 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
theshralpster wrote:

Haven't spend much time in central Illinois, have you?

I missed this post the first time around (I think I was in Colorado) but it's a great park.

The picture speaks for itself, and there are more on the Site Design site, just be sure to enlarge the thumbnails there.

As you can see, you've got a looooong time to get your affairs in order should you notice the police rolling up, although they never have when I've been there.

The only drawback about the park is that when it's windy out, it's really fucking windy there, even when you're down in the bowl. Not very much to slow down gusts...

If you're into the street/handrail thing, there isn't really much there for you--what is there is almost just an afterthought.

If anyone feels like hitting it up, let me know. I'm an interstate hour north of the park. I've got a hectic summer lined up, but I'm definitely getting down there at least once more before I move.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
The Green Monkey wrote:
theshralpster wrote:

Haven't spend much time in central Illinois, have you?

I missed this post the first time around (I think I was in Colorado) but it's a great park.

The picture speaks for itself, and there are more on the Site Design site, just be sure to enlarge the thumbnails there.

As you can see, you've got a looooong time to get your affairs in order should you notice the police rolling up, although they never have when I've been there.

The only drawback about the park is that when it's windy out, it's really fucking windy there, even when you're down in the bowl. Not very much to slow down gusts...

If you're into the street/handrail thing, there isn't really much there for you--what is there is almost just an afterthought.

If anyone feels like hitting it up, let me know. I'm an interstate hour north of the park. I've got a hectic summer lined up, but I'm definitely getting down there at least once more before I move.

let me know when you plan on going, maybe i'll head down then.

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Will do.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am Reply with quote
that park is fun
it's kinda hard to get stoked on goin there tho cuz it's 4 hours there, and 4 hours to louisville. i'd rather skate luhvul.
but a good combo is springfield / champaign parks tho, it's only 45 mins between the two. right across from the springfield park is a huge water park, and it even has one of those massive drop in things that i really wanna do one day -

but springfield bowl has flow for days bring a broom it does get windy then dusty in there, but all in one bowl is about 20 hips and goes from 3/4' to 9/10' with all sorts of whippy corners n shit yeah
bean-a-reano
Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:43 am Reply with quote
I skate it in the mornings before anybody gets there. Lots of different lines.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next