SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  What are you riding? post up a pic
Page 631 of 632    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 630, 631, 632  Next

What are you riding? post up a pic

Buddur
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Got me a new cruiser to replace my old workhorse. A Madrid Retro Longboard 22" wheelbase with parts I've had doing nothing, Indy 169s and 66mm 78a Slimeballs with 9/16" solid and 1/8" shock risers and setup as loose and turny as the trucks can get. I did the grip with my last name written like I've been marking my boards since the 70s when I was a grommet...I'm pretty sure I lifted the font from some old skate co but can't remember who. Anyone got a guess?

The board on the left is a Powell No Ka Oi 43" I got sometime around '95-96, the Krypto wheels I got in '86 and the Tracker Ultralights even before that. Trucks and wheels have been on a few other longboard configurations since '86. The wheels were 70mm as shown on the sides but are now 63-64mm. lol Love it to death and lucky it's gone this long without breaking. Its seen alot of action but after over 25 years the deck is pretty twisted. Time to hang it up...out with the old and in with the new I guess.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Madrid looks good!

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
What's the chalk design on the longer one? Nice grip job on the Madrid.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:05 am Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

Localized grip replacement. Had spots that wore down, so I cut pieces and traced them on, then cut the traces so the pieces would fit. It was a good fit back then but I swear the grip shrunk through the years and made the cuts more obvious.

The Madrid has a natural top so on it I spray painted a black strip so the grip cut would relatively blend in all black.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for that!

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:57 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Buddur wrote:
slob-air wrote:

Localized grip replacement. Had spots that wore down, so I cut pieces and traced them on, then cut the traces so the pieces would fit. It was a good fit back then but I swear the grip shrunk through the years and made the cuts more obvious.

The Madrid has a natural top so on it I spray painted a black strip so the grip cut would relatively blend in all black.

was hoping you'd say those are the outlines of your favorite pools to skate
slob-air
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:49 pm Reply with quote
pweakland wrote:
Buddur wrote:
slob-air wrote:

was hoping you'd say those are the outlines of your favorite pools to skate

I initially thought they were cuts of steak.

But that's a good idea, chalking the shape of the pools you've hit kind of like fighter pilots used to do on the sides of their planes.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:29 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Nov 2020 Posts: 6 Location: Eastern south Paris.

Hi ! Longtime I Never see you. Ride with this Mini Logo board in Chinatown Paris 13 .
PyratMike
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Is that a hamster under a wine glass??
Buddur
Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Took advantage of Black Friday deals and pulled together this setup for like 25% off... Powell Lance Conklin 9.75" wide with 15.25: wheelbase, Indy 169s forged hollow, and 56mm 101a OJ Elites. Had to drill the baseplates as the board came with old school bolt pattern. Haven't ridden this yet except in the house but can't wait to grind the shit out of it.

Not sure why the pic wont post, so here's a link...
https://www.hangoutstorage.com/banjohangout.org/storage/photos/large/48/4815-141241724122023.jpg#1703467854524#1703467854525
[img]https://www.hangoutstorage.com/banjohangout.org/storage/photos/large/48/4815-141241724122023.jpg#1703467854524#1703467854525[/img]

Page 631 of 632    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 630, 631, 632  Next