SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Glue? Anyone
Page 1 of 1    

Glue? Anyone

Matthew MSBD
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Location: MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Howdy, we currently manufacturer boards in AUS. using wet glue. Does anyone know where i can source "Stiff Glue" from. Any advice would be kool. Peace out...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
skinny
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:54 pm Reply with quote
National casin k-10 or k-13 they are 2 part glues that most of the industry uses, and you can get pretty sloppy with them and still make a nice product. They produce hazzardous bi-products. I don't know about Austrailia but in the U.s. you need and e.p.a. permit to use it. Also take precautions like ventilation and gloves. The other option is a one part glue I use and you don't need a permit to buy. It however requires another set of special needs to make a stiff skateboard.

Last edited by skinny on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matthew MSBD
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:19 am Reply with quote
Howdy, we currently use the glue from national casin and it is great. What we are after is a solid glue sheet that you can dry layup then place in the press under heat, if this is what ur thinking about i'll email you, let me know. It's the chromium in the hardner that is bad, the rest of it safe - at least the one we use!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
skinny
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
If you are using heat activated lamination I appologize, I don't use that process. I can't imagine an advantage to heat lamination. I do know that there are a few mix ratios that make the casin brand cure harder. I use a glue that gets stiffer during the curing process once it is exposed to changes in temperature, however it is cold pressed. I have heard of people in the snowboard industry using what you are describing. Also I have also heard from people who have tried the heat lamination process and they seem to agree that the extra heat can make brittle decks. Good luck!
Matthew MSBD
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:27 am Reply with quote
That is pretty much what i've heard. Sticking with the wet glue is probably the best. If any info comes up i'll look into it, thanks for your time.

Page 1 of 1