SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  like it, hate it, take a look
Page 1 of 1    

like it, hate it, take a look

TenetSW
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:43 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
i'm tryin to teach myself how to program a web page, so go easy and let me know what you think about the overall design. hopefully i can update tomorrow (saturday) with some deck pictures and other cool pages. click the image!
Thanks

www.tenetskatewares.com

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good. The picture of the little kid with the board is cute. The nav bar is cool but I would save the buttons as transparent .gifs so you on't have that white square around them. What kind of programming do you use when you make the whole page an image and then designate where links are? Is it easier than html?

Many mahalos on the link, I'll throw a shout out pretty soon and a link.

Looking forward.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TenetSW
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
thanks Dan.
heres the thing about making the page an image then designating links:

Tha whole page is not necessarily on image rather than a group of images placed in a single area, then cut into slices, and each individual slice is saved as its own file in whatever format you choose is best for web optimization i.e. gif, tiff, jpeg, and then after designating those standards you just save the whole thing as 'html and image'. But heres the trick, you gotta have adobe illustrator cs. once you save it, illustrator will automatically write the html for you. it will even write the links that you designated in an area. sometimes you might have to do little edits to tweak it to your exact liking, or to designate file directories so that your images will show, but it is a great way to write a page without having to write, and you are basically without any limits on what you can do. animations and stuff like that are a little ahead of me, but if you have Photoshop gif animation and stuff like that are saved automatically with the file when saving for the web. its a whole new thing for me, but you can get ahold of me and i'll see what i can do about getting Illustrator CS to you if you don't have it.
as for the boxes on the links to the left, they're part of the pic. I thought it helped the words stand out a little from the scribbles. the boxes would have to be deleted not made transparent because they are part of the art.
if i delete the boxes from the art, you still have the words and links because the link is based on coordinants on the page and not based on the image. Confusing shit

Page 1 of 1