SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Shameless plug.. Beach Plus.
Page 1 of 1    

Shameless plug.. Beach Plus.

modskin
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:13 am Reply with quote
Just giving thanks to Beach Plus skateshop in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. They've been around for 15 years and just moved into a new, bigger location just aorund the corner from the old place.

Great store, great people.. The new shop is really, really great.

They're now known just as Plus Skateboards. They are skateboard ONLY.. No surf, no fruitboots, no bikes.

Check 'em out on the web, they do mailorder (if there's a pair of shoes you can't find, chances are they have 'em).

www.beachplus.com
stivason
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
I use to mailorder alot from Beach Plus thru the early 90's to late 90's (until we got some good local shops) They were the best mailorder place I ever used.

stivason

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
they were really cool to me when i stopped by last year, but they DEFIDENTLY needed a new store!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
modskin
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quote
letsgoskatepool wrote:
they were really cool to me when i stopped by last year, but they DEFIDENTLY needed a new store!

The new store is probably 5 times the size of the old one.. The entire left hand side is covered with decks set up in a wall-length concave rack system, so that the boards at the top of the rack are just as easy to reach as the ones in the middle.

Their shoe selection, while massive in the last store has at least tripled in size. you pretty much tell them your size and they can tell you if they have the shoe you want.

And as always, they keep a large selection of punk, skate-rock, and other records in stock.
rbphenom15
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:39 am Reply with quote
fuck yeah.

wish i had all the cash back that i have given Beach Plus over the past 15 years. Mike (original owner) and the cats that run it now have always been super cool. I've never had to pay shipping on ANYTHING.

every board i ride MUST have a Beach Plus sticker on it before it gets ridden. It's become a superstition almost.

They carry a good variety of bigger boards also (8.25+) and "old school" stuff. Not to mention the old boards they have hanging on the walls and such. Some of you guys would freak at some of the early 90s stuff they have just laid up on top of display racks.

800-448-7723 if you wanna check them out
modskin
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:29 am Reply with quote
rbphenom15 wrote:
fuck yeah.

wish i had all the cash back that i have given Beach Plus over the past 15 years. Mike (original owner) and the cats that run it now have always been super cool. I've never had to pay shipping on ANYTHING.

every board i ride MUST have a Beach Plus sticker on it before it gets ridden. It's become a superstition almost.

They carry a good variety of bigger boards also (8.25+) and "old school" stuff. Not to mention the old boards they have hanging on the walls and such. Some of you guys would freak at some of the early 90s stuff they have just laid up on top of display racks.

800-448-7723 if you wanna check them out

Yeah, I tried to take a JJ Neptune full size off their hands last time I was in there, but no dice.

Mike was an amazing guy, I wish he still worked up there.
jcruz
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Met Wiz T. at Beach Plus in about 92? He took us all around Ft Walton and showed us some spots. (Foundations?) The guys at the shop were super cool- it's good to hear they are still in biz. True core shop.

Page 1 of 1