SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Louisville KY park.
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Louisville KY park.

Buckeye_Skateboards
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:04 am Reply with quote
Mason Ohio to Ollies Skatepark (Florence Ky.) about 25 minutes. 71 south to the Florence/Union exit.

ThePrankMonkey
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:13 am Reply with quote
i need pads before it warms up (or a helmet at least) but i'm wanting to hit the park. thank god i live here! i feel sorry for the rest of you!

kypride
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Posts: 456 Location: Louisville, Kentucky.
ThePrankMonkey wrote:
i need pads before it warms up (or a helmet at least) but i'm wanting to hit the park. thank god i live here! i feel sorry for the rest of you!

I've been going on my days off as long as it's dry. I'm going first thing tomorrow morning, nobody will be there. I love having that whole park to myself. It's so fun, still trying to lear to carve, doing anything frontside on transition is still real uncomfortable. I got the trucks loose, not sure if it's a good thing yet, since I'm still getting my balance back. I figure if there lose now I'll just not have to get use to it late. Hit me up when you get your pads, I'll meet you down there for sure.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
at this rate i'll probably have to go with just a brain bucket and get pads later. been to any of the local shops? i dont feel like mail ordering just a damn helmet, i just wanna get one and go to it. isnt there suppose to be, or was a shop near the park? i swear there was. and i bet if there is its expensive as hell.

kypride
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
ThePrankMonkey wrote:
at this rate i'll probably have to go with just a brain bucket and get pads later. been to any of the local shops? i dont feel like mail ordering just a damn helmet, i just wanna get one and go to it. isnt there suppose to be, or was a shop near the park? i swear there was. and i bet if there is its expensive as hell.

I mail ordered all of my equipment, got my helmet off ebay for $20 w/shipping, ordered smith scabs, knee, elbows from team goon. They got stuff at Home skate shop for about normal retail prices. I'm sure there is a shop by the park just never paid attention while I was down there.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
k i just dont wanna go down there and be unfortunate enough to get busted by a cop and get a ticket for not having a helmet.

i'm all about safety but i'm dying to hit the park!!! but things are tight and safety equipment is low on the totem pole right now. i'm trying like hell to get a helmet!

kypride
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
There are people all the time with no equipment, its not mandatory as far as I know. Cops cruise by and don't say anything to people without equipment. I'll be going the next three days for sure.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
really? they passed an ordinance saying you have to wear a helmet. pads are optional.

i might chance it but it would suck to be the first person to get a ticket for it.

kypride
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, most of the time, besides the bikers I'm the only one with a helmet, and one of the few with pads on. If there is an ordinance they aren't enforcing it very well, if at all.

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:23 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Every time I've been there I'm in the vast minority of people wearing any protective gear at all, and I'm usually there with most of the others...

If your sole concern is getting a ticket for not wearing a helmet, don't sweat it. If you're also hoping to keep your brains on the inside of your head, then I'd go ahead and pick one up. My bucket has saved my melon more than once there.

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next