SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Looking for rides or directions, anything at all!
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Looking for rides or directions, anything at all!

poolcoping666
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Dec 2004 Posts: 6 Location: Lake city FL/Purdys NY
Hey everyone! I really dig bowls and vert, but I go to college in Lake City FL(60 min west from Jacksonville). I can't get any rides anywhere to skate tranny, though. Not a lot of dudes my age dig vert, either. If you can give me a hand finding a ramp, or a ride somewhere, or ANYTHING at all, I'd be real stoked!

John

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:18 pm Reply with quote
yeah and i want a blowjob on command to follow me around (that looks like sk8betty) and a pool in my backyard, but without work its not gonna happen. get off your ass and look. or use public transit. or build it your self. or save up money to buy a car.... dont listen to me, im grumpy cause the internet here blows and it is raining outside due to a typhooooooon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slob-air
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Wow... who shit in your cornhole flakes, LGSP? No need to be a dick, lad.

poolcoping666 - We have a couple Florida cats on this forum, I'm sure they'd be happy to kook you up if they can.

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote
slob, do you really want this forum to become a lets find free spots forum? ive seen it happen to local forums and it could easily happen here. slippery slope my friend. imho its different if you pm someone from the forum asking for direction if youve been here a while, but just popping in and saying hello! hook a dude up so i can populate your spot doesnt sound fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
slob-air
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Dude... you're not even in Florida, and the dude isn't asking for anyone to blow out their pools. Dude is asking to hook up with some locals, catch a fucking ride and get himself some tranny -- where-ever or what-ever that may be.

S&B has an oustanding tradition of hooking brothers up -- whether they be long-term members here or otherwise. There's enough fucking dicks in the world -- you need not aspire to that station in life.

I liked you a lot better when you were that stoked kid.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Dec 2004 Posts: 6 Location: Lake city FL/Purdys NY
Like, for future readers, I'm not out to fuck with people, I'm just a kid who tried everything else already and needs a hand, so like, I'll ride naked on top of a car if I have to. I just wanna skate.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quote
public parks are public. public spots are public. skating with new people at public spots are fun.

we have an agreement at sleestak's forum to not blow any private shit up. It's stood quite well. I don't see why you 2 are getting your panties in a bunch when someone pops and is new in the vicinity, especially when you folks are a way's away.

I liked Central Florida's scene, you'll find some cool cats down there.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:19 am Reply with quote
have you been to floridaskater.net? i think that is the site... anyways, good map. check out the guest book. thats their forum.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:20 am Reply with quote
oh yeah, and im still a stoked kid, just a stoked and greedy kid.
mikedwalrus
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 226 Location: New Smyrna Bch, FL
Hey poolcoping, there is quite a bit to skate up in your area. I'm in New Smyrna Beach but I travel around and try to hit as much as I can. I can give you some suggestions on public spots but can't really help you out when it comes to a ride. In the jax area you have:

Kona, North America's oldest running skate park. They have a fun pool (although it's painted white which can be a bitch when the sun's out, lots of glare), a HUGE vert ramp with skate lite or ramp armour (not sure which), a small spine ramp, old old concrete vert ramp (narrow and gnarly), a real fun snake run, an open area with some pump bumps which flows into a basin where the tomb stone lives, and a big street course.

Skate Lab, partially indoor & some outdoor. A really fun birtch bowl. Very tight but fun with metal coping and big vert wall. They recently completed a vert ramp with a mini attached. It has a waterfall connecting the two. Kind of hard to explain but their site has some pix. Looks real fun.

In Ocala (not too far away) you have The Park. A fun vert ramp not too big and a fun wooden bowl under a roof. I haven't been up there in a while and have heard the bowl could use some work. It is a mellow kidney like 4' shallow to a 7' deep end. Metal coping and a waterfall in the middle.

St. Augustine - Treaty park. It's free and real fun. Good flow area and fun pool. The pool is a kidney with a rolled hip. Steep water fall. The deep end is around 8' and the shallow around 5'. It's a fun park but can get zooed out with little kids. St. Aug is also going to build another public park out near the coast but I haven't heard any details. If interested I'll let you know when I find anything out.

Then there is a bunch of other places down toward where I live. I know it sucks not having a ride. You just gotta make due with what you have and keep your eyes open for an opportunity for some transportation. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next