SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Chicago area members..Help a brother out?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Chicago area members..Help a brother out?

tadsmith
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Want to order from an Illinois shop but the customs folk fucking kill me with the duty charges when the package comes across the border

Wondering if I sent money to cover expenses, would someone be willing to get the deck for me, have it shipped locally to their place (like $5) then tear off the shipping order and re-mail it to me as a gift? (again I would cover the shipping cost to Canada..like $15)

That way I don't get spanked at the border for a ridiculous customs fee?
If anyone is down with that, that would be much appreciated.......

Cheers.....Tad
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I never shipped nothing outside of the USA. so I'd def. screw it up for sure. It costs me like 13 bucks to ship a deck insured in the USA, probably would def. cost more than 15 to Canada. One time it costs me 16 bucks to ship a deck to Cali insured. I honestly don't have the boxes (I just own USPS priroty boxes) to ship the stuff and have no clue how to do the paper work. Your best bet would be to have someone who lives in Chicago who has done it before. Just wanted to respond back instead of just ignoring you...
tadsmith
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Cheers on the response......Usually when boards are shipped to me in Canada from most of the states, the shipping isn't more than 15 dollars.

It's not the shipping it's the %15 taxes then %30 duty that kills me. A $90 board with exchange cost me around $125 canadian...thats ok but when I get through with the duty it ends up being more like $165 $175 dollars Canadian with the added costs!!!!

I was hoping someone can get the board for 85 bucks, tack on 20 bucks shipping so the cost is 105 US. Thats still only about 135 Canadian. Saves me giving the gov't 40 -45 bucks for nothing.....

I think it's the principle more than the money.....
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:01 am Reply with quote
What shop are you trying to order from?

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
if he is paying 90 for a deck it is probably oldschool skates. SMN works in a shop maybe he get get what you need. If not pm me and we can try and hook something up.
tadsmith
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
looks like Shackle is gonna be my go to guy....thanks all for offering to help out...
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Shackle, what service do you use to ship internationally and what paperwork do you actually fill out? I had a few offers on some of my decks, but never shipped out of the good old USA. Any input would be appreciated...
goofyfoot_rider
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:28 am Reply with quote
the US post office is who I always use to ship internationally...never had a prob with them - be it shipping shirts, decks, wheels, trucks, records.
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:33 am Reply with quote
I've shipped to canada before, and the recipient had me mark it as a gift under $10 to avoid heavy taxes/duties.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
While yer at it, there's a shitoad of stuff from places like Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, etc. that don't ship music goods to Canada....

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next