SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  damn... just when i thought i was safe...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

damn... just when i thought i was safe...

big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:42 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
i finally got the wife sorted on the decks arriving in the mail on a regular basis. which is cool. very cool. shes even developed a liking for the powells. which is very very cool.

but the other day i went and got my bike licence... and now im hunting around for a bike... and when the wife found out... fuck...

anyone else have any shit they blow cash on thats not decks that the wife lets em get away with?

the cds, records and playstation shit was pretty easy to get away with. little bits here and there. and shes learned to love the decks. and she has no idea how much money secretly goes into the car... but the idea of a motorbike broke something... hmmmmmmmm. not good indeed.
oldschoolkyle
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 Posts: 6278 Location: St. Petersburg, FL
good luck my friend... no real advice really. I recently bought something from Lance Mountain (a milkjug made into a skateboard helmet) that he had made due to the rules at the skatepark requireing a helmet. he did not have one, so he cut out a miljug and put a few stickers on it and skated the park like that. He signed it and took a polaroid of himself wearing it. Funny huh. well, needless to say, my girl was like, what the hell is this? and you paid $20 for that? She did not understand that it was LM's milkjug, and I even showed her the pic. She did not even care. What was really cool though is that Lance, a collector of weird stuff himself, could not believe that i would pay $20 for it. he felt bad and through a skateboard DVD and also a Firm Doughboy LM deck! After I told her that she was like, whatever! I think she thought I was lying to her... hehe... This time I wasn't! oh well, you can never win!
curbdog
Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Big K- Dude, even the DAWG isn't sure what advice to eschew here. Like yourself, I can get away with the CD's and Playstation games 'cuz it aint that much. I restored some of my old BMX and Freestyle bikes, but the ol' lady had NO IDEA what I was buying there. I told her I found a distro of old bike parts that no one wanted and they were super cheap! HA! Man, keep us posted on how this one turns out for you homey.

Your BONOSA bro,

THE DAWG!
ukoldschool
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:02 am Reply with quote
Building an old bike up from NOS parts is hella expensive and not easy to hide (thren again my 60 decks arent exactly inconspicuous)

Here's my pride and joy...

The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
It would be great if Paypal would set up some phoney billing name for you to have appear on your credit card statement that the ladies wouldn't question as much, although what it could be is beyond me...
TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
Like when you get money from an ATM at a Gentlemen's Club and it prints some phoney name on their like "MCD Enterprises"....uh....or so I am told. =)

AMORONE
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Exactly...
Iam237
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Nov 2002 Posts: 188 Location: New England brrr.....
Actually, I had just the opposite happen. I had to sell my Beautiful 1998 Suzuki GSXR because of my husband!!!! Yeah, and he looks at me strange whenever I dump hundreds into the decks!!! Do I have problems or what? It's like we live in Bizarro world!!! =) Tell your wife/grlfnd you want her to get her license too and ride together... "together time" see if that works... it didn't for me. Good luck!
dignan
Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:27 pm Reply with quote
If anyone needs old BMX shit, my shop is the place to find it. We have 2 nos complete Skyways just hanging in the warehouse, one's a Street Beat, and the other i'm not sure. one's a funny blue color and the other is red/white. We've got boxes on boxes of old pads, hundreds of the checkered ones, and the old button ones too. Old plastic sprockets, fuck everything. quite a few shit they sold on ebay last year or so, a Big Tube and a Nomura cruiser frame and some other random stuff. But yea, let me know and i'll call them and find out.

ukoldschool
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 3:41 am Reply with quote
Whoah - I bet that nomura went large... those things are rare! The GJS is pretty cool too.....

DOH! this is a skate forum!!

J.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next