SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Chili Addict
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Chili Addict

slob-air
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
So yesterday I'm making lunch and I'm thinking some killer nachos with the leftover taco meat (Alberta ground beef) I made the day before (seasoned with some hot honey chipotle sauce from Chili Addict, red chili, cayanne pepper, cummin seed & powder, garlic, onion etc). Cool. Well hot actually, but good. An assortement of cheese laid out across the tostidos that are covered with taco meat, nicely heated in the oven. Time to break out the salsa.

Wha?!! No salsa?!!

No problem, eddie-boy hooked me up with a big bottle of Chili Addict Habanero Salsa when I was down in New Mexico last week. Cool! The "extra-hot" tag on the side had no meaning to me.

It was awesome. Real nice taste -- I couldn't stop eating it.... till it was all gone.

Then it came. It came hard and it came mean. It was looking for paypack for some past transgression. It was fire. Hell fire to be precise. I swear I saw smoke emminating from my mouth.

My wife is just shaking her head at me and giggling.

I'm in a full sweat at this point, the burn consuming and the fire just getting hotter.

Panic sets in. Bread didn't put out the fire. Either did mustard or ketchup (fucking movies!). Either did butter. Either did mayonaise. Panic. Panic. Oh the burn! It intensifies even more!!

Breathing fire at this point...

So I'm out the door in a flash and over to the 7-11 in seconds and guzzling back a litre of milk while in line to pay for it. Fire out. Temperature receeding. Panic receding. Returning to normal. Sinuses are remarkably clear (or burnt out completely) and otherwise I'm fully recovered.

Whew!!

Can someone send me more?

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:21 pm Reply with quote
you are learning now what i learned in 1983 when i moved to texas from toronto. habaneros be HOT!

check out the scoville scale and you'll see.
http://www.victoryseeds.com/information/scoville.html

PS. in order to chill the home fires the best thing is regular old water with a wee bit of sugar disolved in it. dont drink it, just rinse your mouth out and spit that shit out. oh, and beware the "ring of fire".... and you thought it hurt on the way IN!

Cab Full Dragon. red 7-ply
slob-air
Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Fire good!!

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
There used to be this killer little hole in the wall Taco/Burrito dive here in town called Mancha's. They made all their own salsas in house, and had one of the hottest Habanero Salsas I've ever eaten. I've got a big tolerance for hot stuff & seriously, it was fucking hot. They called it Agent Orange.

ANYWAYS....

A freind is in town from California & we go there for beers & tacos. We're having a nice time shooting the shit when he all the sudden, grabs the bottle of Agent Orange & starts to pile it on his chips like regular salsa.
"Dude, watch out. That shit's pretty lethal." I said. "It's really more of a sauce than a salsa. A few drops is enough for a whole burrito."

"Aw, what do you know?" He replies. "I'm from San Diego. I eat hot stuff all the time. Hell, I'm practically in Mexico. This shit ain't nothing."

He digs in.

A few minutes later, he politely excuses himself from the table. He's gone for a long.......LONG time.

I find him in the bathroom and he's scared. His whole head is as red as a fire engine. He's sweating profusely, he's on the verge of tears, and he claims that he went blind from it! I start laughing, doing the half-drunk "I Told You So" dance. Hehe!!!

To this day, he gets edgy and defends his "habanero blindness" whenever I bring up that fateful night.

Beware the aftermath, Slob.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm... no aftermath as of yet.

Reminds me of my former business partner. We hit this Mexican place and they served up nacho chips and a very saucy salsa while they got our drinks and put in our lunch order. The salsa was hella hot, but not as hot as the stuff eddie-boy gave me. But after about 5 minutes my former business-partner breaks into a total sweat, starts that swaying thing and then bails for the bathroom. He was gone a good 20 minutes. I laughed my ass of the whole time he was gone -- while stuffing the tostado chips in my mouth to try and quell the inferno going on in my mouth.

When he came back he looked like death.

I think I had the best burrito ever in some place near Downy and Bellflower, California last week. So awesome. The hot sauce ruled. Got ask Brad at Team Goon where exactly that place was.

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote
So im out to dinner with the Fam and we go to this mexican place. I order tamales and some buffalo wings to start. they have mild hot and very hot. so i order very hot thinking how hot can buffalo wings be in a small town in CT. the waitress, an older mexican woman, chuckles as i tell her how hot we want them. this was the first sign that we were in for something special. THe wings come and we start eating them going these arent so bad and then it hits you. Man it was Gnarly stuff. Definitely not the hottest thing i have ever eaten but damn near close. i just thought that it was funny that the waitress pulled one of those "Its your asshole" kinda things. Actually a waiter actually said that to my dad when he ordered the hottest thing on the menu once. anyway that is my anecdote for the day.
jadams
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:01 am Reply with quote
yeah, cuz tamales and hot wings really go togther... you can tell that is up north... that shit would not fly down here...

dooms_dave
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:14 am Reply with quote
i was just thinkin that same thing. hot wings in a mexican joint?

Cab Full Dragon. red 7-ply
The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Like ordering steak at the Red Lobster, or taking one of the mini-pizzas at the Chinese buffet.

It's probably just there to satisfy the clowns who are afraid of ethnic menus of any sort, and prefer to only eat "American" food.

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Jun 2003 Posts: 5895 Location: Shadowlands/San Jo � Norte�o
HA-HA!

Next time maybe you'll believe me when I tell you I know my hot sauce.

And that isn't even the hot stuff.

I'll walk over to the Chili Addict and get you the man-sauce, and I'm not talking about that stuff that Stubbs trolls for either.

www.chileaddictstore.com

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next