SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Lancaster County Skatepark
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Lancaster County Skatepark

Cement Roots
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote
Hey Eric ...yeah I was up there so I said "what the hell" .... I hear ya , if this was the 80's and I was skating it every day ... but its not its 2004 and my old fat ass needs those perfect "Sayreville" trannies that Wally creates....

MapleShadeSkateparkcom
HauntFreaks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hmmmm.....good from far, far from good. Like a few chicks I've encountered over the years.
theshralpster
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Hyannis/Barnstable in Cape Cod is much the same way. Lumpier than a busted can of pop'n'fresh. And way too spread out in the bowl. Still workable and fun and hte halfpipe ther eis cool.
schtinkydog
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Lancaster was designed well but built by retards. I hated it when I first skated there, now I love it and skate there about 3 times a week. Because it challenges you to skate better, Most people leave after 10 min. The dedicated regulars that skate here rip! The park pushes them and they push it even harder! If they built a park like sayreville nearby I would be very happy, but I would still skate this park and call it home. I agree with green monkey, don't rag on someone else's scene just because its not as good what you have!
theshralpster
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote
how bad can the fullpipe be? I wanna skate one so bad!
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
schtinkydog wrote:
Lancaster was designed well but built by retards. I hated it when I first skated there, now I love it and skate there about 3 times a week. Because it challenges you to skate better, Most people leave after 10 min. The dedicated regulars that skate here rip! The park pushes them and they push it even harder! If they built a park like sayreville nearby I would be very happy, but I would still skate this park and call it home. I agree with green monkey, don't rag on someone else's scene just because its not as good what you have!

i consider Southern PA part of the DC area scene (albiet extended)
you CAN do stuff there, its not impossible. i skate there once a year for an entire day, from opening till close. i guess i DO have fun, its more like skating terrain not made for skating, like a ditch. the design is great. i find it VERY hard to get to 9 oclock on the full pipe, never seen anyone go higher, and ive seen the local rippers kil the place. its better than nothing, thats for sure!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cement Roots
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote
I would never want to drag someone elses scene down... my point was that someone paid good money to have some hack build the park... and I 100% agree, something is better then nothing. but thats alot of concrete for some contractor to have the attitude "this is good enough"... IMO

MapleShadeSkateparkcom
HauntFreaks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
carveNgrind
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
Same here and feel that the contractor should've been made to re-do it.
If you can skate it and be James Dean like Dan then you have bragging rights(-:

Eric
mdvadcskated
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
i agree with stink-dog, if its not your scene, dont fuck with it.
SantaCruzSkater
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote
Worst skatepark built in history?

I see you've never been to Pinckneyville skatepark or the skatepark on Five Forks Trickum (sp?) Rd. in Gwinnett County GA. Those have that title hands down! There is just no comparison.

Concrete is rough and cracked at pinckneyville, tranny's too mellow, bowls are way too wide out (no speed) and miscellaneous street type bullshit in the way.

Five forks, LOL I can't even explain this one..... think about a small tennis type court but concrete with a few baby pyramids and a couple of rails with a fence around it.

I would LOVE to have a park like this one around

Now I can't completely complain because we do have one or two indoor parks but they are for the most part wood and I don't really skate wood ramps because I slam too much on them. That is my fault for not being a great skater but oh well .

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next