SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Lancaster County Skatepark
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Lancaster County Skatepark

Cement Roots
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I had a meeting in Lancaster, PA this weekend so the kids and I took a ride over to there skatepark. by the photos it might seem like a great park for us tranny lovers... and it was fun , but it sure wasn't built by a skater/skatepark builder... the trannies are tight in spots the to mellow in others... you can tell no tranny templets were used... the crete is nice and smooth so it was done by qualified concrete builders , just not skatepark builders.....also this is a FULL PAD park, and the rangers are dicks about it and will fine you.... it was funny to listen to the kids that were there complaining that there wasn't any street obstacles... aaawww... poor kids...lol

click for large photo

click for large photo

click for large photo

Last edited by Cement Roots on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

MapleShadeSkateparkcom
HauntFreaks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:23 am Reply with quote
hahahahghahahahshahhahaha you got the lancaster county LOVE! this is THE WORST concrete PARK MADE IN HISTORY. ok ok its not that bad, but close. it is hard as shit to skate. it was funny, if you skate it well, the rangers dont care if you wear pads. i told them i was travelling with the warped tour last time i went, which was kinda true, but also not true because i wasnt going to the philly one. either way, they left me alone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:23 am Reply with quote
i go once a year as a reminder to be thankful for good skateparks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cement Roots
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:00 am Reply with quote
dude... it kills me that someone would have the place and the money and it not be built by real skatepark builders.... what the F#%K.. we have a park out for bid here in South Jersey , they gave such a small piece of land its going to be hard it get a big park out of it ... But I will be damned if I will let them bring in some jackasses to build it... were hoping for Wally or BG....

MapleShadeSkateparkcom
HauntFreaks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:04 am Reply with quote
good luck!
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
letsgoskatepool wrote:
this is THE WORST concrete PARK MADE IN HISTORY. ok ok its not that bad, but close.

LGSP--Next time you're in the Chicago area, please make sure to meet up with us for a Sunday morning session at our regular park in Deerfield, and you'll definitely change your tune about the relative crappitude of the Lancaster park.

Here are links to a couple of sites with reviews and pictures. Make sure to blow up the pics to get a good look at it. You'll really enjoy inspecting the bowl.

http://www.skateboardpark.com/skatebo...ewpark.asp?ID=760

http://www.sk8parklist.com/il_deer.html

I like it even though it's a burning dog turd of a park, because it's our burning dog turd of a park, but I'd kill to trade it for that Lancaster park, no doubt about it.

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:25 am Reply with quote
cool! trough marks! that fun box/stair set actually looks fun.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Neil likes it for wallrides. The most interaction I've had with it is probably crashing into it.

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:08 am Reply with quote
Hate to say I told you so Brian, but I did. When I first saw this park four years ago it was covered in snow. I couldn't wait for spring to come and thaw out but the lines went no where. This is a place for guerilla pool skaters that can do the harshest lines and don't mind paying the price when they can't. Dan and some of the other older contingent rip it up though.

Eric
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quote
Have you seen the burbank or Calumet City parks yet TGM? from the looks of it, deerfield puts those 2 to shame. The corners at Burbank aren't curved, more like octagonal, impossible to carve through, and Cal Shitty is just entirely too spacious of a bowl, about 5 foot deep, 2 foot tranny radius. Like trying to skate an olympic size pool.

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next