SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  longboards: what do i need to know
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

longboards: what do i need to know

Ceasar13
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:21 am Reply with quote
I ussually ride new school decks in the parks, but I have a real love for comet longboards, I think they are an underacknowledge producer of some really good stuff (no, I dont work for them) I ride their 44 spoon pro downhill, and I have ridden the pro-park 36 and 40 in parks. Just my opinion, but they are sturdy, good quality, but maybe a little heavy ( not a big deal on downhill, my bozi weighs a ton, lol)
notaint
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:07 am Reply with quote
I have the 44" spoon downhill and my wife rides the comet 36" park. Both wonderfully made boards. Top quality and awesome rides. Randal 150s on the 44" and Indy 169's on the 36". They both skate everything.

My main board right now is an element log rider 36" its great in pools and parks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sniffleless
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:23 am Reply with quote
I curently ride a Gravity Carve 39. I love it in park and pool. I haven't noticed any sogginess in the wood.

I also ride a Madrid 36" popsicle style deck. I flexs a bit and doesn't have the nice action off the tail like the Gravity.

Sector 9's Southern Comfort model is surprisingly nice.

The TVS boards are nice. I had a Death Pod 39". Good and stiff. I skated ramp with that.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
i would look for one of the BDS longboards, either the gasmask or tiger (same dimensions). it's an awesome deck!!! it is very versatile, great for cruising to the store, bombing a hill, riding a ditch, or carving a pool. bds doesn't have them at the moment, but i'm sure you could find an on-line shop that still has one.

my opinion on the seismics.....i could never get them dialed in to my liking, and wasn't really happy. i definately could feel what it is that makes people like them. the springs and the rebound they have make cruising around and pumping for speed really fun, but like i said i had a hard time getting them adjusted to my liking so i took them off. i still have them and will probably give them a second try at some point.
sniffleless
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Give those Seismics another try. It took me some time to get mine dialed in but now I love them. They are on par with my love for my Randals. The Seismics are so turny and still stable. And that's stock. No upgrades yet.
So just take the time to work with them. It may take some time but it's worth it.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I need the new Hustler. I was thinking about the Alva Caddy, but after a few rides on my trashed-out Hustler last weekend, I remembered why it is so trashed out... it's been ridden more than any other board I own. Ditches, parks, cruising, rain, whatever. A Hustler with a couple sets of wheels is pretty much all I need to enjoy skateboarding.

OK. New Hustler. That's it. I don't have any Seismics, so I might just have to spring for 'em this time. But I really like the Hustler with Webbs or Sixtracks.

Senor Stubbs made a good one. Tim Shawl gave it new life with the kick-ass OG graphics.
Queue
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:06 am Reply with quote
PlayGod wrote:
I don't have any Seismics, so I might just have to spring for 'em ....

(rimshot)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Q
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Ha!

Is The Hustler Part II: The Revenge of Hustler the exact same shape and dimensions as Part I? It's kind of hard to tell from the pic of the graphics.

My Part I still has plenty of life left in it, I'm just curious...

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:36 am Reply with quote
Exact same board just different graphics, GM.

I say exact; let's just wait and see how well ABC and Jim Gray replicate the shape and concave.
PlayGod
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:02 am Reply with quote
So, Karlos is not making this one? I do trust ABC, so let's pray it's as good as Geometric's version.

Actually, now that I look at it, mine's not so far gone.

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next