SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  longboards: what do i need to know
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

longboards: what do i need to know

civilian2b
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
hey what's up...so like a crack addict needing his next fix...i just got my first pool board a few months ago and now i'm in need (want?) of a longboard

i was wondering what specs/dimensions/brands/materials/etc to look for (or look out for)..

i'd like to use it primarilly for pool/bowl riding....ladies...can it ever be 'too long' ...tell the truth..

of the 'boards i've seen, most of them seem to be built for downhill/slalom with the pinstipe tail...i'm guessing for the parks, i'd need to get one with a square tail (or something similiar)

....and camber..that's basically when the board bows the other way (convex as opposed to concave), right?

thanks for any and all comments
DTinVA
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote
There are lots of longboards for riding transition: Gravity and Afroman pop to mind right away.

You should also check out some of the longboard shapes at factory 13. Danny has some sickness going on! I just put in a longboard order with him last week. When I get it here and set up, I'll post some pix. I think it's going to look rad!
friend of shralpster
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
i had a yellow sma fishtail longboard, it was the most solid board ive ever ridden. just wasnt my style, with the long wheelbase and all. but if youre looking for a flat longboard thats the one.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm very biased but if you are looking for a functional all around long, the Afroman Hustler II (which should be out sometime this month) is your board. 10" X 36.25" 8 PLY, 18.25" wheelbase, 6.0" nose, 7.75" tail, MADE IN AMERICA........

......artwork by Tim Shawl

Last edited by Stubbs on Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
theshralpster
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
all you need to know is HUST-LER
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
you can ride any of my longboards if you would like. some really good 'aggressive' longboards are the gravity pool boards, hustler (HIGHLY SUGGESTED!), Pocket Pistols Hosoi (HIGHLY SUGGESTED), and there are others. yes you can have too long. but i have seen people RIP in the big vans bowl with over 45"ers. id suggest something in the 36-40" range though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chrisolden
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:31 pm Reply with quote
hey,
the Afroman Hustler is the MOST VERSATILE deck out there.
period.
it can do anything.
i wouldn't call it a longboard though.
you MUST have one though.
your quiver will be incomplete without one.
since everyone is throwing out their longboard favorite decks
i'd like to talk trucks.
Seismic metal trucks.
Seismics are THE longboard truck.
check out either the 155mm or the 180mm models for ALL your
longboard needs.
they make longboards come to life.
chris olden
civilian2b
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
wow,

thanks for all the info...

seismics huh?

i've been hearing a lot about randall II's..are those for my just straight downhill?

...is now a good time to tell the wife that i finally found a worthy enough cause to justify draining the savings acct?
MileHighSkates
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Randals are good for carving with longer (44" and up) boards, but if you go that route, replace the kingpins and bushings. Oh, and the pivot cups, too.

Seismics are the shit. Strong, turny as fsck, and yet, at the same time, stable. We sell a ton of them (and Randals, too), and folks are always stoked with them. When a guy calls you with his pads still on to tell you how much he likes his Seismics, that speaks volumes.

"Long" is a relative term. To some, it's 36", to others it's 40", and so on. There are a lot of versatile decks in the 36-40" range that can be used for cruising, ditches, parks, sliding, beer runs, etc. Pocket Pistols, Alva, Afroman, Comet, Gravity, Landyachtz, Dregs all make good ones.

E-mail me if you have more questions.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quote
seismics over randalls imho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next