SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Ditch it
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ditch it

D.C.Sk8r/\Tom
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote
can i delete this post?

Last edited by D.C.Sk8r/\Tom on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
carveNgrind
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Any water in these ditches right now Tom?

Eric
Sk8Librarian
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:39 pm Reply with quote
D.C.Sk8r/\Tom wrote:
Around reston tc va, on the side of target there are some kickass ditches and a nice gap. its kind of in the woods so just keep walking you won't miss it.

Thanks Tom...shoot me an email or PM is you want directions to the germantown ditch. BTW - are you the same Tom I met at Arlington?

Andrew
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quote
i know these arent my ditches, but could you NOT post directions to ditches and other not so legal spots to skate on a public forum please? im sure there are plenty of people on this board, lurkers and otherwise, that we dont want fucking up our spots. that is how many other spots have blown up. thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
D.C.Sk8r/\Tom
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quote
i can see where your coming from seth, but i really don't know how ppl can fuck up ditches.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote
because skating a ditch isnt exactly LEGAL. i have been busted from other spots because too many people come and more than likely you are going to find one disrespectful asshole who leaves trash, plays loud music etc. that watches this board. ditches are scarce here. if you are going to talk about them, at least do it via email or PM. i choose not to disclose directions to a spot to someone unless i know them personally, or know someone who knows them, or am meeting them at the spot. once a place is a bust, it is very hard to get it back. a CLASSIC example is the shady grove ditch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Queue
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quote
D.C.Sk8r/\Tom wrote:
i can see where your coming from seth, but i really don't know how ppl can fuck up ditches.

I dunno, pretty simple. Any of the following can contribute to the demise of a ditch (around here). The closer the ditch is to public view, the more chances for problems.

I'm not saying I agree with the mentality illustrated below, but here goes:

Crowds - Johnny Law or Johnny Property Manager sees 10 skateboarders congregating on or near his property. "They can't be up to any good."

Noise - I'm not talking skate noises, as that's somewhat unavoidable. But think twice about the boombox, or backing your car up to the ditch and cranking your stereo. Noise attracts complaints.

Illegally parked cars - are a red flag that you're there, and give 'em a reason to complain/harass you.

Grafitti - probably don't need to elaborate on this one, but add in some profanity, or something slightly obscene, and you're bound to piss someone off.

Modifications/Improvements - This is a tough one. Nobody is going to complain much if you're clearing or sweeping a ditch. Start hauling in parking blocks and pipe or building extensions and scatter some loose boards as roll ins, and you start down the slippery slope.

Q
Queue
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 pm Reply with quote
letsgoskatepool wrote:
a CLASSIC example is the shady grove ditch.

I forgot trash....

Seth,
What's up with Shady Grove? Is it now a bust? (I never got to skate there...)

Q
D.C.Sk8r/\Tom
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote
yeah i guess i didn't think of all the assholes that do that stuff to skate spots. it just sickns me to think ppl would do that to a ditch.
Cement Roots
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:13 pm Reply with quote
heres a couple south Jersey ditches...

MapleShadeSkateparkcom
HauntFreaks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next