SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Food Poisoning?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Food Poisoning?

modskin
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:39 am Reply with quote
I got food poisoning from Boston Market a few years ago along with the rest of my family.

4 people puking every hour or so is not a pretty sight.
Dogtown75
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:32 am Reply with quote
I got food poisoning last year when I was working Isabel claims in Virginia. I went to a Arby's and had a roast beef and cheese at some truck stop along the North Carolina/Virginia border. I took two bites of the sandwhich, spitting out the second because it tasted funny. It took 2 days for me to get sick, but once I did it took 3 days to get over it. I could only stay up long enough to throw up and then litterally pass out again. Even drinking water made me throw up. Needless to say I won't be eating at Arby's ever again.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
DT75--Were you in Mt. Airy, NC, by any chance? My mom got a brutal case of food poisoning at the Wendy's there about 5 years ago.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Where about is that? I can't find it on streets and trips, but it sounds really familiar. I was commuting between Rocky Mount and Chesapeake for about 2 weeks. There was no lodging for about that length of time. It was actually around Emporia Virginia.

God I just remembered the precusor to getting sick. I was at a insured's house that had had 4 ft of water in it, the house still has about 6 inches of nasty river mud in it. There are crabs running around all over the floor. He hasn't had the power on for two weeks. One part of my job is getting serial #s off appliances. I open his fully stocked fridge and it is full of rotten food. It took everything in me not to throw up right there. I went outside to get some air, trying not to pass out and the insured follows me outside. First he says wow you are kinda green and then proceeds to ask me a bunch of questions. He was a really nice guy but I just wanted to ask him if I looked like was able to answer his questions at the moment.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Rocky Mount is much further east--it's well east of Raleigh, while Mt. Airy is north of Statesville, in the western portion of the NC/VA border.

Mt. Airy was supposed to be the basis for Mayberry, of Andy Griffith fame, or something like that. Something to do with Andy Griffith, I don't recall exactly what...

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Nope I don't think I went through that area. My route was a big circle from Rocky Mount to Chesapeake/Norfolk. Went through that town where the Arby's was because the insured happened to be that far west. I have seen so much of this country that some days it seems like all of the towns/names/states run together.
zodiac13
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
I know quite a few folks that have succumbed to the wrath of Arby's. So much so, that, I will only eat there in the most dire of circumstances.....

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:06 am Reply with quote
Damn dude, I love Arby's, thanks for ruining my life. The only place I've received the wonders of food poisoning from is Subway. I was out drinking later that night and was falling down drunk after 2 beers. One of my friends had to drive me home while I was hurling out the car door.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:22 am Reply with quote
Good TArby's (one of them in Champaign is staffed by nothing but retarded people) is great, bad TArby's is terrible. I've never had any problems at the one with all of the various developmentally disabled folks, but where "normal" people are concerned, the too-thick slice is always a gagger, as is the occasional ass end of the roast.

I think it's telling (although of what, I'm not so certain) that their consistently best sandwich is the Junior. Why should the tiny sandwich be better than the one the size of a football?

Edit-->Fuck Subway, Fuck Jared, and Fuck Dr. Atkins.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2