SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Most Popular Brands
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Most Popular Brands

falconneil
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Posts: 4420 Location: Chicago, IL originally from Liverpool, England
I love reading Green Monkey's posts. You write with intelligence and wit. This forum is the place it is because of posters like you.

Keep on keepin on.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
surferpr
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2004 Posts: 11 Location: somewhere in the USA
monkey...i do not know the guy...and I care less if he skate or not....I dont even give a shit(no offense) . But is this thing that you guys have about this force,cult or society man...let me give you an example...in the surfing "world" there is a sub-culture of "soul surfer", those are the ones that do not beleive in contest and sponsors....i respect and admire that....but look at Kelly Slater or Andy Irons....those guys make a lot..al lot of money...are they less surfers because of that.....same with you man..why everybody else that do not think same way of some of you is a parasite and all that crap you wrote.....protect this and protect that....no body is taking anything from skateboarding by trying to make a buck...you have plenty of people in this forum trying to sell their products.....are they sell outs are they 'RAPING" the sport? this are the guys that post all the crap about "raping" the sport but on the other hand they do it... you know what...Im done with this shit..by looking at some of your webpages I can tell you were all the regects at school that though were cool by skateboardingl..you know THE LOOSERS... FUCK YOU....AND THE WEB ADM. CAN PULL ME OUT OF THIS BULLSHIT IM DONE WITH THIS SHIT AND ALL THE MOTHEFUCKERS AGAINST CAPITALISM...KEEP LIVING IN YOUR LITTLE WORLD...TAKE A LOOK OUTSIDE AND REALIZE YOU ARE WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY BEHIND..... THIS IS WHAT I MEANT YOU FAT ASS.......IM OUT BRAAAAA!
surferpr
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2004 Posts: 11 Location: somewhere in the USA
FOR EVER \m/
The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:27 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
How cogent. Why don't you go ask Mom or Dad to help you write something persuasive and coherent next time?

Long live Chinese maple, eh you fuckmouth? Viva la capitalism in communist China! No inconsistencies there, right Mao?

So, in summation (because I doubt that you're really going to stay gone, unless you're prevented from ever accessing the site again, and I don't think you've done anything more harmful than just spewing a bunch of loosely related and poorly connected sentence fragments instead of using words and punctuation like a big boy), let me try to get everything straight about your positions. Please feel free to correct me, as your trainwreck of "thought" is a little difficult to follow. I'm used to reading material written with the helpful assistance of the paragraph break. Maybe I'm stupid.

1) You don't care whether the owner of a skate shop skates. You see nothing wrong with this.

2) You don't care whether the owner of a skate shop knows anything about skateboarding, or the equipment associated with it. You see nothing wrong with this.

3) There are professional surfers. You see nothing wrong with this.

4) Large corporate conglomerations controlling the production of equipment, often designed to fail quickly (and thus turn another buck or two through the replacement of said faulty equipment, and propogated by their collective stranglehold on mainstream skateboard media) does not bother you. You see nothing wrong with this.

5) Outsourcing the production of skateboard components to China and other countries with slave-wage labor and little to no environmental protection laws does not bother you one iota, because it's all about making another almighty dollar, and that those of us who feel that Chop Chop Wood Shop is unacceptable, are in fact "anti-capitalists" who were unpopular in high school, and have no firm grasp on reality due to their expectation that a company should "give back" to the skate community. You see nothing wrong with this.

6) All of the small, DIY companies represented by various members of S&B, (usually done as a side hobby for the love of the game, and financed with money from their own pockets from their main jobs,) are just as damaging and parasitic to skateboarding and humanity worldwide as the aforementioned conglomerates. You see something wrong with this.

7) YOU'RE DONE WITH THIS SHIT, AND YOU'RE HOPING THAT YOU'LL GET BANNED IN A FEEBLE AND TRANSPARENT ATTEMPT TO AVOID THE OBLIGATION OF HAVING TO MAKE ANY SORT OF PERSUASIVE RESPONSE IN FRONT OF THIS AUDIENCE OF "LOOSERS" (sic). YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS.

WE (THERE'S THAT PESKY "WE" AGAIN) ARE THE ONES WITH OUR HEADS UP OUR ASSES, LIVING IN OUR OWN LITTLE WORLD, WHILE YOU ARE THE ENLIGHTENED ONE. YOU SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS.

9) I'm fat. You see something wrong with this.

You don't seem to know a goddamn thing about anything, and it's people like you who are responsible for the "selling out" of the entire skate culture, and you're too stupid to realize it. You support The Man, and belittle the little guy who is keeping it real, and have the audacity to suggest that "we" are the ones with the misguided perspective.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion, which, like your battered and weeping asshole, is fucked.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys..... whoah! Good hearty debate... I love it.

Skinny and Surferpr...... On the topic of Tony Hawk. Is he a sellout? depends on the point of view you take. He is hugely responsible for for the recent gain in popularity to skateboarding.... true. BUT this popularity has resulted in the construction of lots of great skateparks out there, and has given skateboarding a more positive image to young people and their parents. I'm a school teacher (no not a business person, you got me there) so I do care about the image "we" portray to young people. Which is one of my concerns with the products chosen by DACURE's company. But back to Tony Hawk... which brings me back to my disdain toward DACURE's post:

Sell out or not..... TONY HAWK IS A SKATEBOARDER!!!!! Making money from skateboarding is ok in my book, but one needs to put in their time to learn about the products they sell, in order to truly be an honest vendor!

My problem with DACURE's post is this: If he needs to ask what are the most popular brands (today, this is easy to recognize, even for a non-skater), then he is obviously not someone who has put in their time in this inndustry, which makes me question his true intentions. Simple as that! Monkey's golf analogy rings true. Do you really want to see that type of things happen in skateparks? It's already starting... believe me!

Sorry if I seem to be targeting DACURE, but man.... Look at his website! Team bio's? Who the f**k cares what these kids on his team's other hobbies are? Save those write ups for Jr. High yearbooks.... jeez!

Interesting we are on the 3rd page of this thread with no reply from DACURE. My assuptions correct perhaps?

However, I will refrain from targeting him anymore in order to give him the chance to defend his position.....

Keep skating and have fun guys..... well, those that really do!
skinny
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by skinny on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
oasis
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I didn't read the last couple posts due to their circumlocution and large amout of words. . . Shit's getting out of hand.

I don't know why you guys are ragging on surferpr. He is obviously a surfer and has a completely different veiwpoint. He can't be blamed for that. Contrary to popular belief SKATEBOARDING IS NOT SURFING. I don't give a fuck about how it originated from surfing or any of that shit. They are nothing alike.

And I think it's pretty clear that the predominant reason we hate "sellout companies" is because we are jealous. They are making more money, have better teams, and are more well-known. You can rebute and deny that as much as you like but when it comes down to it thats the undeniable truth.

(I still don't understand why your photo gallery was mentioned. Please explain...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MileHighSkates
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Note to self: start selling the latest belts, wristbands, and uber-tight jeans. Next step: frootboots!
falconneil
Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Posts: 4420 Location: Chicago, IL originally from Liverpool, England
SurferP--at least we know how to spell "reject". Notice, there's no g in there.

If we were the "regects" (sic) in high school, I guess you skipped it completely. Dumbass.

Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next