SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Most Popular Brands
Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Most Popular Brands

DACURE
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:28 am Reply with quote
When it comes to Trucks, Decks and Wheels,,,what are the most popular brands?
skinny
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I saw your web site and I have to say that it looks nice. You wont be able to record very many sales until you start to carry a higher quality line of products. I would recomend, Element (bam), Spitfire, Independent, Thunder, Black label, Sierra Nevada (www.sierranevadaskateboards.com), Scum, Vans, Punk rock skates, Antihero, Krooked, Real, Five points has cool stuff, ACME Scarecrow www.abc.com , and you need to start a shop deck program. I assure you that this is good advice. To order anything that is difficult to get ahold of talk to southshore dist., jwid dist and deluxe. If you have a shop to sell them out of the distributors will work out the details. I would also suggest that you move away from the chinnese manufactured stuff that you carry now. Good luck!
DACURE
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Skinny we put a message in your folder...let us know if you got it...thanks again for the advise
Christophish
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
DACURE wrote:
When it comes to Trucks, Decks and Wheels,,,what are the most popular brands?

Just sell T-shirts, keychains, belt buckles if you need to ask that question
ThrashCan
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Roger that!

But for decks...I would hafta say Useless Skate Co is the most popular brand ever to exist.
DACURE
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:34 am Reply with quote
The only reason we posted that question on the forum was for a survey to see how other retailers where doing selling their products, that is one of the purposes of this forum�.right?, maybe you are too ignorant to understand that. Our advice to you is �IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING STUPID�KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF�

Christophish
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
DACURE wrote:
The only reason we posted that question on the forum was for a survey to see how other retailers where doing selling their products, that is one of the purposes of this forum�.right?, maybe you are too ignorant to understand that. Our advice to you is �IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY SOMETHING STUPID�KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF�

Well.... Actually Mr. DACURE, I was voicing my opinion, which is another point of this forum.

I visited your website and still have the same opinion as I did when I read your first post. If you need to ask people what the "hottest brands" of trucks and wheels are, then you are obviously not a skater. Rather, you are just some businessperson looking to make a buck off of the lifestyle all of us here on this forum enjoy, which just happens to be one the most popular EXTREME trends where those that enjoy it like to "Go huge!" Notice I am quoting text from your website which supports your non-skating status.

The fact is, skaters are sick and tired of these companies and individuals who cash in on the trend and then bail as soon as the kids move on to something else. We support those companies who have been in the business through the booms and the busts. THOSE are the people who deserve our respect and our hard earned cash!

Looking at the products you stock, it is obvious that you have NO IDEA about skateboarding as a lifestyle. Those companies use hype and gimmicks to sell sub-standard products manufactured in sub-standard working conditions with the hope that these products break in a week so their "followers" need to buy another one right away. Their advertisements play on adolescent insecurities which allude to the fact that "Their products are the hottest out there" and if you buy these brands you will be cool!

Well I'm sorry Mr. DACURE, but skateboarding is not about the "hottest brands." It's a lifestyle that many of us here on this forum take very seriously and are nauseated and insultedwhen we see our lifestyle marketed by the very people who probably made fun of us 10 years ago because "skateboarding was for losers."

Also. Everyone on this forum comes here regularly to read and reply to posts, not like yourself who only comes here and checks back on their own thread to see how business is going. There is NO NEED to use the email link in my profile to email me the EXACT MESSAGE you've posted on this thread and clog up my Inbox with your drivel. I'll get the message from here thanks! I'm tempted to do the same thing to you because I'm suspect you won't be back here to read any posts on this forum, and I'm probably wasting my time posting this reply, but I'm above that.

Peace out and good luck with your business endeavours.... I think I can speak for everyone here (and there ARE alot of us), that you won't be seeing any business from us!

Chris

I don't feel as if I've said anything stupid, so I am refraining from keeping it to myself. Rather, I am embracing the true spirit of this forum and fostering intelligent discussion.
Have a nice day!
slob-air
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
DACURE EJECTED IN 5, 4, 3, 2...

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:12 am Reply with quote
No need to do that B, I'm curious to see how he'll respond....
ThrashCan
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:33 am Reply with quote
Im interested in hearing what he has to say also.

I withdraw my offer to carry my decks, although I'm sure you wouldnt carry them anyway because they arnt made in China.

@Christophish - nicely done!

Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next