SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Just found out my old board is a Green Schmitt Stix Lucero X
Page 1 of 1    

Just found out my old board is a Green Schmitt Stix Lucero X

PunchDrunk
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I bought it when I was a kid (10 yrs old) for my bday (120 bucks for the whole thing). Rode it for 2-4 years, and then we moved to the country, so I couldn't ride. Its been sitting in my parents garage ever since. My son just got into skateboarding, so I thought I would break my old board out and ride with him. But a friend told me it could be worth quite alot of money.

From memory, it looks exactly like the Lucero X2 from AOS (http://www.artofskateboarding.com/Pg/aos_pg_detail.asp?prod_id=370), except its entirely green. Dont remember any other colors. I do remember loving the little goblin biting his tongue. I dont have it on hand, but I will be home in a few weeks to get.

So, what should I do. Its an original board bought back in the mid eighties, complete with 4 Hosoi Rockets. Its used, but I am pretty sure its in good shape, I never rode hard core, I was only 10-12 years old. I was going to just ride it with my son, but if its worth $500, then that is out of the question. Sell it on Ebay? Sell somewhere else? Or keep it as a family heirloom.

Thanks
ukoldschool
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Its only ever gonna be worth 500 smackers if its in mint condition (for a used deck) If it has razor tail, or graphic scratches youll be lucky to get 150.

Get a pic and post it up here - there are a few lucero perverts that would be interested.

J.
PunchDrunk
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I will definitely be getting some pics. My mom my take a few for me, but she is not all that computer savy.

But I dont think it has major scratches. And I bought a tail guard and rails (not sure of the lingo), and I think the original ones are still on there. So it cant be seriously screwed. The only thing I am worried about is the nose. I think I the nose may have a few dings, from hitting walls, etc.

Thanks for the help. I'll post pictures when I get them

Gusto
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:16 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
personally, i would keep it. i have my first board and as jacked as it is i wouldnt sell it for a million bucks. unfortunately its currently hangin in my friends house in chicago and not my own..but hey, thats what friends are for right? psshh.
madcow
Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I may get lynched for this, but, screw what it's worth. Ride with your son isn't that what it is all about.
Eggplant
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I�m with you on that one, madcow.
This is not Wall Street...

Collect to skate!
Skate or die!
oldschoolkyle
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:24 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 Posts: 6278 Location: St. Petersburg, FL
what he said! str8 up!
PunchDrunk
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:16 pm Reply with quote
You boys are great.

Its one thing to screw what its worth and ride on it when its less than 150. Quite another when its worth 750. It would be my most valuable item, beside my computer and my car. But since I doubt that it will be worth much more than 200 (Mom told me its got a couple scratches through the artwork on the bottom), I probably wont sell it. I have yet to see it though.

Thanks again for the advice.

Page 1 of 1