SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  New Issue - Mr Pirate Kevin Staab
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Issue - Mr Pirate Kevin Staab

skategeezer
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quote
Well folks, I received that interview about 2 days before we went to press. I must admit that it was was puzzling piece, however, I think all I can really say is this is the first and last time that we'll run an interview like this. If it disappointed you, I am truly sorry. If however, it gave you some insights into Kevin, then I am pleased.

I promise you another thing. We will continue to tighten things up with the mag. We have just hit 100 pages and the interviews in the new issue are definitely much easier to follow and digest than Kevin's.

thanks for your input, feel free to write a letter to the [email protected]

cheers
michael
TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
Just curious, Michael.....not long back, Kevin emailed my site and I got around to asking him if he would be up for an interview.....he seemed open to the idea, but was kinda flaky about it at the same time....not sure if this interviewer you had might have run into the same issue.

Amorone
www.artofskateboarding.com

Homer: "Wooo whooo! That sounds like a wager!"
skategeezer
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:25 am Reply with quote
I am not sure how to really summerize things...one thing is for sure, we will have Kevin back in the mag...along with Duane, Pine and all the great skate legends....it would be fun perhaps in a few years to have him access the interview...

we'll keep progressing...promise.
Keep At It
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:56 am Reply with quote
Also, who the hgell wrote it? It gives credit to an author for the "Forward", but that is all. I think it was the Team Goon guys that wrote it because of an abundance of the word "yet".

Good issue regardless.
PowaySk8
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:04 pm Reply with quote
what about ditching the larger size custom paper, and getting the subscription price under the $20 range and then go for more then 7 issues a year?

I'd subscribe then, instead of reading the shops copies..

just my .02
plywood20
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I actually saw my first issue at AOS fest and, although I wasn't all that impressed with the Staab interview, I do have to say that Concrete Wave is a sweet Mag. I'll be looking into a subscription very soon.
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:22 am Reply with quote
PowaySk8 wrote:
what about ditching the larger size custom paper, and getting the subscription price under the $20 range and then go for more then 7 issues a year?

I'd subscribe then, instead of reading the shops copies..

just my .02

NO! i like not having to really focus my eyes to read a magazine. it makes it stand out. and the subscription cost is so cheap for what you get. Under 20 bucks? skip breakfast one day and cough up 2 more dollars. sheesh. If 2 dollars is going to make a difference, maybe you should stick to reading in the shop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
eddie boy
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Jun 2003 Posts: 5895 Location: Shadowlands/San Jo � Norte�o
skategeezer wrote:
Well folks, I received that interview about 2 days before we went to press. I must admit that it was was puzzling piece, however, I think all I can really say is this is the first and last time that we'll run an interview like this. If it disappointed you, I am truly sorry. If however, it gave you some insights into Kevin, then I am pleased.

I promise you another thing. We will continue to tighten things up with the mag. We have just hit 100 pages and the interviews in the new issue are definitely much easier to follow and digest than Kevin's.

thanks for your input, feel free to write a letter to the [email protected]

cheers
michael

'Geez
You're a nice guy.
Maybe too nice.
You shouldn't feel the need to apologize to these kooks who had difficulty reading through Staab's interview.
Fuck them.
Imagine what Thrasher would have been in the early days if we adjusted to every whiny bitch who wanted the magazine this way or that? In fact, that's why they started Transworld. Because we WOULDN'T change.
Sure, some stuff came out fucked up, but fuck it. We liked it that way. In fact I intentionally made some articles fucked up, i.e., printed all of the words backwards, laid out the pages for an article upside down... just to fuck with people.

The Staab piece was one of the best, most original pieces I've seen in along time, and it reminded me of Kevin, and how I remember him as the way he is, when I read it.

Dude.
Take these guys criticism with a grain of salt. Don't react and try to make each armchair critic happy. All you'll get is a boring, tepid mag.
Just do the right thing, and cover skateboarding the right way. From your heart. You can't go wrong.

Listening to these whiny fucks will just drive you nuts. Reality is, they are far outnumbered by the ones who silently dig the shit out of the mag.
Stubbs
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Well put, EB!

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2