SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  S&B Iron Chef Challenge: Best Sandwich recipes?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

S&B Iron Chef Challenge: Best Sandwich recipes?

ShackleMeNot
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:58 am Reply with quote
basic italian sub:

take a large enough slice of italian bread (about 5-6 inches long, or if you prefer, sausage rolls will work fine), cut it in half, and put your choice of italian dressing on both halves of your roll. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Start with 2-4 slices of hickory smoked ham, fold in half and lay on the bread. Then add 4-6 slices of salami in the same manner, 2-4 slices of provolone laid out flat, and 2 slices of capicola. Top with a piece of romaine lettuce, couple slices of tomato, and put the top piece of bread on.

Another somewhat similar concoction i make is ham, salami, and swiss with french's yellow mustard.

as far as cheap sandwich crap goes, i love that larry's bbq beef on hamburger buns. a tub of it is like 5 bucks and will last over a dozen sandwiches. the shit's pretty good to just heat up and eat with a spoon too.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:04 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
1. Take 2 pieces of cheap whitebread, put Dukes mayonnaise on one & Jif peanut butter on the other. Slice up a bananna and pile it on. Consume.

2. Take a boneless chicken breast, place it between 2 sheets of cling film & hammer it pretty flat. Dredge it in melted butter & cajun seasoning. Grill. Right before it comes off the grill, hit it a few times with Dale's marinade & melt some SHARP cheddar on top of the bastard. Place it on a toasted onion roll with mayonnaise, creole mustard, grilled onions, lettuce and a few slices of pickles.

3. Grilled pimento cheese on wheat with tomatoes & bacon.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:34 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm concerned, this is still the best sandwich ever...

2 slices of Bunny Bread (I dunno if they have this up north). It better be so fresh it sticks to the roof of your mouth.

1 Tomato

Pepper

Mayo

Mayo both slices of bread to your liking. Add sliced tomato. Pepper to taste.

Eat that fucker with a quickness.

On a summer day, a tomato sandwich on sticky white bread is the best thing ever. Makes you think of gramma and slip and slides.
lilsheeda
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:02 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Local store has 12" Panini rounds. Cut in half length wise
Add some basil chicken
sauteed onion/red pepper/garlic
Smoked or sauteed/pealed anaheim chili
Spread sundried tomatoes on top of bread.
Top it off with the smoked ghoda cheese.

Brush the outsides of the bread with Olive Oil and cook up on your pampered chef pizza stone (A must have for everything) until the cheese has melted and outside is a little crusty

Iron Chef madness.
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:55 am Reply with quote
This one is pretty simple because you get to keep part of your own recipe in it. Everybody makes sloppy joes different, I use ground beef, tomato sauce, sloppy joe seasoning by Libbys or whatever, and a sprinkle of diced onion. I know people who just use ground beef and bbq sauce, some use bbq beef and ketchup, so whatever you use, use that, but add some crumbled Jays bbq potato chips and slap it all on a hamburger bun. This sandwich is the shit.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:09 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
I occasionally add chips to my sloppies as well. Chips are good on a PB&J, too.

My sloppy joe recipe is pretty easy. Ground beef, ketchup, and mustard. It's a fine line to getting the right proportions, and I can't really give much help other than season to taste. The color is a good indicator, but is pretty hard to describe with words. Take a bite every now and then, and stop adding stuff when you like it. If I had to guess, I'd say 2 parts ketchup for 1 part mustard, but it isn't really that precise...

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2