SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  finding the centerline (lenghwise) of uncut/undrilled blanks
Page 1 of 1    

finding the centerline (lenghwise) of uncut/undrilled blanks

sidewalk surfur
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:47 am Reply with quote
Does anyone here have any tips on how to consistantly find the centerline (lengthwise) of uncut blanks. Without the truck holes drilled, and with each of the plys slightly shifted from one another during the gluing process, how can i consistantly find the centerline of the concave for truck hole placement and shaping???

I've done ok in the past by eyeballing it, but there has to be a more accurate way of doing this.....

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
Pick whatever ply (Top or bottom..) that lines up with the most plys in the uncut and measure to the middle at two points on each end of the uncut and draw a line down the middle hitting both points. There's your middle as close as you're gonna get.

Outt..
Jeff.

"what the heck you talking about i sent you the money weeks ago,and you still gaveme a negative feedback,and top it off never sent me the tape,its ebayers like you that screw people,Thanks for messing up my ratings jerk.."

A. Fuckingkissfan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sidewalk surfur
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote
right on smak....thaks for the reply.
That's the way i had been doing it. Seems to get it pretty close so i guess i'll go with that...........
Unless someone else has any pointers?

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:10 pm Reply with quote
What is ideal is that the deck is marked as it is laminated. This can be done with two simple marks at the tips in the center, or in some cases just the outside edge of the mold. The center of the deck is very important for both the center line and the center measuring point for the wheel base. Once these points are drawn on the wood itself the wheel base is simple to orientate. If you are laminating them yourself just put two marks on your press. If you are having them laminated by someone else then ask them to mark your deck with pencil or marker while they are in the mold. I hope this helps you.

Last edited by skinny on Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
slob-air
Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Limit your images to 500 pixels wide please.

Page 1 of 1