mitchz
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:52 pm Reply with quote
the great American Tube Steak
I prefer mine NY style- krout and mustard,kosher of course
and yall ..............?
lush702
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quote
taste varies by situation:

-Nathan's - grilled on a flat top w/ Bertman's Ball Park Mustard (only available in Cleveland Ohio, I import it here...), sweet relish, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese inserted in a steamed bun.

- Chicago style - w/ poppyseed bun and all the toppings they do there...

- Hebrew American - when I'm feeleing Kosher.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:04 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Backyard grilling: Regular old Oscar Mayer on a regular old bun (why do the dogs come in packages of 10 and the buns in packages of 8?) with ketchup (I've heard it before, you Chicago hot dog elitists, and I'll just give you a preemptive fuck you shut the fuck up right now) and either French's yellow mustard or some kind of spicier mustard. I'm a fan of Plochman's. Also, if possible, some onions that have been boiled in beer.

Athletic events: However they're served at whatever facility I'm at. I've got the perfect technique for the ketchup and mustard pumps. One straight line for both condiments, running the length of the dog, no spills, splatters or farts.

I'm not a big fan of the whole Chicago dog thing. I don't like pickles, and I only like tomatos in very limited circumstances, and on a hot dog isn't one of them. You can take the giardinera and shove it, too.

My favorite is the chili cheese dog. Either Wienerschnitzel or Boo-Boo's. Boo-Boo's is the hot dog joint around the corner. Jumbo Vienna dog, melted American cheese, chili, and chopped onions, on a poppy seed bun.

The Corn Dog is proof enough in my book of a benevolent and divine being.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
@GM
ROTFLMAO!!!!! I was just laughing out loud at work!!! Your post was right on! I just watched a thing on the Food Network channel where they were showing "real Chicago dogs" and talking to the folks about what makes a Chicago dog. First thing they all said...no ketchup. But then when they ran down what is on a Chi-town dog, it sounded like a fuckin salad on a hot dog! And then...just as you say, they ask an "elitist"...they ask one older Chicago woman about what makes Chicago dogs the best....she says "I will nev'a.....nev'a.....eat a hut dug outside'a Chee-ka-go." I just shook my head in disbelief.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Originally published in The Onion, and allegedly written by Christopher Walken:

Walken in L.A.

Do you enjoy eating hot dogs? I hope you won't be put off by my frankness when I tell you that I absolutely love them. In fact, I enjoy no food item more than a freshly-boiled hot dog.

Now, I've done a lot of movies, and it's true that I've worked with quite a few celebrities who did not share this opinion. I'm sorry to say that these people have always angered me. There are two types of people in this world: those who eat hot dogs whenever it is possible to do so, and those who opt to do other things with their free time.

Who do the latter think they are kidding? What pastime could be more rewarding than the consumption of hot dogs? I haven't yet found one, and I don't expect to in my lifetime.

Unlike other foods, hot dogs can be eaten at any time, in any place, and it is not necessary to cook them. Now, I ask you: Why not eat hot dogs? They are delicious. I carry a bag of hot dogs with me wherever I go. I eat them from the bag whenever I get the urge, regardless of the circumstances. When I make a movie, my hot dogs are my co-stars. If, in the middle of a scene, I decide I want to consume a hot dog, I do so. I waste the director's time and thousands of dollars in film stock, but in the end, it is all worth it, because I enjoy eating hot dogs more than I enjoy acting.

This bothers some people. I was supposed to portray Batman, but when Tim Burton learned of my hot dog cravings, he asked Michael Keaton to wear the cape. To this day, I am peeved about this.

When we filmed The Dead Zone, I ate over 800 hot dogs a day. It was necessary. My character needed to come across as intense as possible, and I found the inspiration for that intensity in my intense love for hot dogs. The director, David Cronenberg, said that he would never work with me again. I kept eating hot dogs when the cameras were rolling, and that seemed to bother him. I say fuck him. He doesn't even like hot dogs.

I would like to end by emphasizing once again that I really like to eat hot dogs. If any of you people disagree, I loathe you. I despise you. Not only that, but I also despise all your loved ones. I want to see them torn to pieces by wild dogs. If I ever meet you in person, I'll smash your brains in with a fucking bat. Then we'll see who doesn't like hot dogs.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quote
If I'm cooking them indoors at home ...
Nathans ... throw em on the foreman grill for a few minutes.... pull em off and butterfly them then throw them back on the foreman. Once nice and grilled, you can either kinda fold them into a bun or lay them flat on a hamburger bun or bread. Cheddar is good on them. French's or Gulden's spicy brown. If you put them in a hot dog bun, you can throw a strip of cheese into the butterflying crease....
lush702
Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote
@TGM - dude, give that Duke player a break. LOOK @ his face! He's worn out after 5+ days of getting reamed out...I'm beginning to feel bad for the guy.

See if you can find a pic of Gov. McGreevy (D-NJ) - he's not going to need any help moving out of the governors mansion, his shit's already been packed...

As for the corndog - agree. w/ the cheapest yellow mustard you can find. NEVER throw the stick away w/out nibbling off the dark brown crunchy part @ the finger end ! Goes well w/ Dr. Pepper.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote
lush702 wrote:
@TGM - dude, give that Duke player a break. LOOK @ his face! He's worn out after 5+ days of getting reamed out...I'm beginning to feel bad for the guy.

The third guy who is off camera to the left hasn't grown tired of Battier's handjob though...

lush702 wrote:
As for the corndog - agree. w/ the cheapest yellow mustard you can find. NEVER throw the stick away w/out nibbling off the dark brown crunchy part @ the finger end ! Goes well w/ Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper goes well with everything.

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I gotcha - nothin' like a good handjob. Except a blowjob.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:51 am Reply with quote
I usually try to stick to Vienna beef, best Kosher, or Hebrew National. They are all basically the same and i think they taste pretty damn good. However, there is a deli somewhere in either Sawyer, or Bridgman, Michigan that sells the best damn hotdogs in the world, my father's cousin buys up cases of them for our annual family reunions, and they are always the highlight of my weekend. Except this year, when sex was my higlight, but anyways, these hot dogs make me feel how "christopher walken" feels about hotdogs. I eat several dozen over the weekend. I really need to go back up there and buy a case or something.

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next