SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Indian Food.....lunch buffets
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Indian Food.....lunch buffets

TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
Man, I do love the occassional trip to an Indian buffet for lunch.....such variety....such flavor......tried a place here in Atlanta with the guys at work today. Very very good. I loved it, but my stomach and ass are already threatening me. I see some "toilet time" in my future....soon....REAL soon.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
My former partner and I used to hit this place called Taj Mahal for lunch --killer authentic Indian food buffet. Didn't cause any porcelin explosions per say, but good luck tryingto get any work done. That stuff, although delicious, is like a bear tranquilizer!

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
I could live on Garlic Na'aan alone. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:01 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
@Slob
You gotta know going in that it ain't gonna be pleasant pushing that stuff out...I mean ...come one.....it's spiced to the gills and most all of it is already pureed (sp?) for you!

@Zodiac
Agreed....the Na'an is my favorite part....love sopping up everything with it.....had Garlic Na'an yesterday BUT also had Chicken Na'an for the first time....not bad.

One of the guys that went with us started with a tomato salad.....just little chopped tomatos on lettuce.....he heaped in a big fork full and then almost immediately broke out in a sweat.....he hadn't seen the finally chopped hotter-than-habenaro peppers that were mixed with the tomatos! He held his own though....switched gears to the other food choices.

I still say the Thai food I had in Philly while drunk at about 2am was the hottest food I have ever eaten in my life. I seriouslly thought I could feel my stomach lining melting away and would be in the hospital shortly thereafter. Second, an Indian vinsdaloo(sp?) sauce....usually on chicken but you can ask for it on the side and dip na'an in (Taj India makes it pretty good, Zodiac).

A.
zodiac13
Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Vindaloo. Just like The Ramones eat. (Well, ate, anyways...)

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
ah, Indian buffet... another time where the fewer the white people inside dining, the better it is.

We have this new one here in Sac called Sher E Punjab that is just fantastic. 20+ different dishes, most of them veg, and the best Gulab Jamun I've ever had. They play terribly funky Indian music videos on a big plasma screen while you eat. You'll be eating along just fine and take a bite of the cauliflower or something and get a bunch of hot chili.... hooooowheee! Forehead sweats up, nose starts running. Action baby, action!
slob-air
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Went to a new Indian buffet today.... damn... almost in a coma --need a nap now.... butter chicken was awesome... spicey bbq paprika chicken ruled... the lental dish was killer... as were the somozas and everything else... the garlic na'aan was to die for.

The waiter was the most flamingly gay person I've ever seen in my life. He made the guys on Queer Eye look straight. Great service though.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
yea, theres a place in DC called Delhi Dhaba (something like that) and their food is just top notch...you know..for quick indian food..
MileHighSkates
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
For some reason I'm reminded of Ben Stiller in that "Polly" movie...
modskin
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:16 am Reply with quote
TEAM_PING_AMORONE wrote:
Man, I do love the occassional trip to an Indian buffet for lunch.....such variety....such flavor......tried a place here in Atlanta with the guys at work today. Very very good. I loved it, but my stomach and ass are already threatening me. I see some "toilet time" in my future....soon....REAL soon.

What's the name of the place, Amorone? I know there's one like a block away from my apartment on Roswell Road..

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next