Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Slumgullian

lush702
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:53 pm Reply with quote
just go back to the OG recipe fellas...

then we'll discuss -

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
God help us all when these two (Zods and GM) finally meet in person. The "drink off" will be gift enough for all, but I can only imagine the conversations these two will enjoy!

A

Homer: "Wooo whooo! That sounds like a wager!"
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:51 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
zodiac13 wrote:
Reasons for water:
1. Water dosen't leave you all phlegmmy when you drink it. It's clean and refreshing.
2. Drinking a giant glass of water right before you go to bed, after a night of drinking booze, helps immensely with the hangover. You may try and use the Gatorade argument on this one, but, it still provides unneeded nutrients, salts, and sugars (hangover producer!!!) that will go unused while you sleep. You're only taking in, and using, the water from the beverage, so, why not cut out the garbage that will only aid in making you feel like crap?
3. Water makes ice. Tea cubes, or Gatorade cubes in your bourbon would just be gross. (However, I'll concede to Cranberry cubes in vodka. Nice!)
4. You are made up of 70% water. You are not made up of 70% Drambuie.
5. Diet Rite didn't come out of the hose in the front yard after a game of home run derby.

1. I do not buy this argument. I understand what you're saying about the occasional gunk after a soda or fruit punch, but this is not an overwhelming bit of persuasion to me. Perhaps because I smoke I am able to tolerate this sort of thing more than a less phlegmatic person, but don't you smoke, too?

2. This is the only circumstance that I will concede. However, upon waking, water ceases to be the best option. Coffee, Red Bull (or something similar) or Alka Seltzer Morning Relief dissolved in Gatorade is what you want upon waking. Or else another cocktail if it's going to be that kind of party...

3. You certainly have a point about the physical composition of ice, but to me, that's more of an endorsement of the utility of water, not the inherent drinkability. I do enjoy ice, so I definitely agree with you, but I think we're flirting with the out of bounds marker. I am not foolish enough to say that water is totally useless within the realm of our planet, just that it is not the best beverage in 99.99999944% of drinking circumstances.

As an aside, I am a little irritated by the fact that one of our three ice cube trays has been dedicated to the preservation of orange juice cubes since time immemorial. I know, I could just go buy more trays, and I damn sure will with some of our bazillion dollars of gift certificates to Blood Bath 'n Beyond, but it has annoyed me for quite a while. I don't know when we've even ever used them for anything...

I just may try tea cubes in bourbon. I think you're on to something.

4. Oh yeah? Wanna bet? All that's inside of me is guts and some black stuff.

5. The garden hose/drinking fountain after recess/etc. argument is an interesting one. Ignoring the nostalgia from drinking from a hose filled with spider eggs, wouldn't you prefer a different beverage after a round of HRD these days?

zodiac13 wrote:

Also, are you referring to all pickled products, or just the pickles themselves. Either way, you're dead wrong.

Pickles and relish, mainly. Nothing against the actual process of pickling. After all, I like a bit of pickled ginger atop my mound of wasabi that obscures my sushi.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Pickles on a burger only add to it's charm. A cold, crisp spear next to a freshly grilled reuben is a thing of immense beauty. How on earth do you enjoy a deviled egg without relish. How does potato salad get made without kosher cubes?

Sure, the pickle is definitely a sideliner. A boy wonder in the Batman realm of things, but come on!!!

A smokey mound of piping hot shredded pork bbq and no spicy chow-chow on the side? You, my friend, are livin' in a goddamn fantasy world.

However, I will concede to sweet pickles. Fuck sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles, cornishons...etc. Pickles must be either of the Kosher Dill or Spicy varieties.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Pickles are garbage that hasn't been thrown away yet.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quote
beginning a pickle thread.

'cause I can -

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3