SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  burritos are the perfect food
Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

burritos are the perfect food

civilian2b
Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
yea, whenever i get back to vegas, the first place i go is roberto's..gotta have their carne asada burrito (next stop is in-n-out)
305oldschool
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:48 pm Reply with quote
4.5 used to work at this burrito place in Miami that had the best burritos. I love hot sauce but they had this shit there that would make you scream in agony. They have a shop in NYC and Ft. Lauderdale too... I can't believe I can't remember the name. A little help, 4.5?

Member #388
fourandahalf
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
the place was called "san loco". it's well known on miami beach and new york. they opened one in ft. lauderdale a few years back too. i worked there for 5 years and was better known for working there than for the band i used to be in. i haven't worked there for over 5 years now and people still see me on the streets and say "dude, your the san loco guy!"
wow, how flattering. they remember me for serving them a burrito and i remember them for having to clean their puke up off the bathroom floor.

the sauce 305 refers to is called "serious sauce". it's made from shredded jalapenos and some other secret ingredients. that shit was HOT!!!! i could not even touch it and i had built up quite a tollerence after 5 years. now whats funny is they came out with a "stupid sauce" that was made from habanero peppers and should actually have been hotter, but i could eat that sauce no problem. i think it had to do with the habanero's sweeter flavor.

anyway the place is darn good, even though i became quite sick of it after awhile. however, it will never compete with a mission style burrito.
dushoni
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 2224 Location: The Foot Of DavO's Bed
LanceM wrote:
If you're ever in South OC, CA, hit Las Golandrinas. Carne Asada or Carnitas burrito, The best ever! Been going there since '88.

I worked across the street from there for a year in Laguna Niguel. I fucking hate that place. I don't know why it's so popular. Their asada was always low quality and their salsa tasted like ass!
dushoni
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:27 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Posts: 2224 Location: The Foot Of DavO's Bed
Also...in La Puente, CA...Taco Del Rio on Azusa has the best Asada burrito on the planet. Also the best tacos al pastor.

I drive 30 minutes once a month for their food.

//drool
LanceM
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Hey Dushoni, I apologize, I don't know what ass tastes like, but I'm pretty sure it's not Las Gol's salsa. I will admit that their salsa is rather plain, but their Asada IMO was excellent. I admit that I used to go there all the time, but it was over 10 years ago. Also the one in Capo Beach is better. Used to go there all the time for lunch in H.S., Dana Hills. I do have friends who refuse to eat there, but they are of weak stomach.

Where did you work? Was it the movie theater? I remember when that place was brand new. Hell I consider that whole shopping center new and it was built like 16 years ago. It's funny how everything down there is brand new and has to be bigger and better. A cineplex on every corner. In case you didn't know, I'm from LN since '74 but got out of there in '95. It's changed a lot since then.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
This is all you need to know if you're in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, or Wisconsin.

http://www.labambaburritos.com/default.asp

I recommend the Super Steak with sour cream & no tomatos, with three tubs of hot sauce, and a large Mt. Dew. The Combo (steak & pork) is also pretty good, as are the tortas. So are the tacos. In fact, nothing is bad there.

If anyone ever passes through, I'll take you to the one around the block, possibly both before and after a night of drinking.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
Quote:
If anyone ever passes through, I'll take you to the one around the block, possibly both before and after a night of drinking.

you're not trying to liquor me all up to take advantage of me, are you?
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Maybe.

Send me a picture of yourself, and I'll let you know for sure...

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Los Pericos, in Campbell, CA. If you're ever in the south bay area, hit up van's milpitas or the sunnyvale park and then stop off at this place and get a pastor super burrito. They have free chips and a salsa bar also, which every good place should have, and horchotta on tap for free refills. They also have cherry coke, which seems to be a rarity for soda fountains.

It's on campbell avenue, about two miles east of highway 17. It's actually down the street from the campbell park, which you can take a look at to see how a skatepark should NOT be built.

Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next