SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Retail space
Page 1 of 1    

Retail space

The New Guy
Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:31 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone could let me know about how much they pay in rent for retail space. I've been looking around my area, and all the space available is so expensive. I looked at a place yesterday that was about 400 square feet, and about $4000. a month!
Granted its in an area with lots of foot traffic and parking but holy moly. Any info would be greatly appreciated-

thanks,
chris
SilverVR6T
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:37 am Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Aug 2002 Posts: 91 Location: Central Boardshop, Waldorf, Maryland USA
Its all about $/sq.ft. I pay nearly $13/sq.ft. annually right off a high traffic roadway in an older, not so up scale shopping center plaza about 1 mile from the main center city intersection. Also 1.5 miles from the dreaded yet consumer packed Shopping MALL. Closer to the center of the city here (and the MALL), the prices are $20-26/sq.ft. for the exact same quality of retail space. I'd say go to a more off the beaten path area and get at least 3 times that 400 sq.ft. size and pay much less for it. You will be a destination business... The business will come to you.

Rich

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:39 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Thanks for the advice Rich, points well taken. I found a place a little bit more out of the way but much larger for the price. This would allow for an area of the shop to have a couple of couches, T.V, and all around hang out area. I really want to be able to let people hang and watch videos and stuff. In the smaller location, there's no way I could do it. Hopefully this larger location will work out-
thanks Chris
SilverVR6T
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Aug 2002 Posts: 91 Location: Central Boardshop, Waldorf, Maryland USA
Thats why we are where we are. Less rent means more consumer Amenities 60" HDTV, 2 leather couches, video games.. etc. Good luck

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Oct 2001 Posts: 266 Location: Garbage Grove, Oregon
i can get large space for 25 cents a square foot
or smaller spaces for about 5 a foot

we live in a small town and all the stores here are closing..........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Devilock
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Nov 2001 Posts: 1141 Location: Long Island, New York
$1500 for 600 sq ft.
hanger18
Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:40 pm Reply with quote
.80 sq ft.

Page 1 of 1