SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Are there truck bushings with stiffer than 100A
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Are there truck bushings with stiffer than 100A

steve-g
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:00 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
With access to a lathe you could machine down some rock hard skate wheels. Or maybe even machine some aluminium bushings and allow the pivot cup to steer alone. Kinda wonder if this isn't a recipe for a kingpin snap.
MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
I weigh 340 lbs (or so), and ride a lot of very wide trucks on very wide boards (ie, Indy 215's and Tracker 219's on 11" to 12" wide decks), and I use these KSS 98a bushings from Amazon in most of my setups:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GOEEX3K?p...b_product_details

I don't like to ride a super tight truck; I like to have some turnability there, but I also like to add some stability to compensate for the width of my trucks. These bushings are pretty good for that.

Bonus: they don't "squish", and they don't slide around in the truck like a lot of hard bushings do.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Axis wrote:
slob-air wrote:
Okay you fat bastards, LOL!

Stock ACE bushing might feel too soft for you and they will wear out in a season if you're hitting it a lot in deep bowl and the like.

The replacement Ace Bushing are tougher harder, more rebound and last a lot longer. I was up to 245 before my back surgery and the replacement bushings were perfect!

Lost a lot of that since so now when I sell a set of Aces I offer in trade 2 sets of replacement bushings for the stock bushing in the trucks because they really make those trucks perform—though they may wear fast they have great rebound and allow the trucks to turn super fast which I dig.

Not sure about what they are putting in the new Aces as I still have the first stage in stock and have as yet to order the new trucks.

Loose trucks save lives.

loose trucks gave me wheel bite n sent me flying last week at the park, exploded blood vessels in my palms and right wrist, ill keep em tight.

today i tried to kick my board up with my foot, and reach down to grab it and something in my back exploded into pain and i cant stand or walk, so urgent care in the AM.

You running big wheels that are soft?

Shit man, that sucks, hope you recover quick.

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
kingpin issues depend on rider and setup, I've never snapped one but would totally be willing to try something like a aluminum khiro purple and with a solid aluminum top bushing. The smaller of the two is what usually will blow out first, I cant do flip tricks or big drops till I'm recovered from ACL reconstruction. 10in board to cruise on, do manuals, I grind a curb here and there even though I prolly shouldn't.

Slob - No, was some 55mm 90a, with a 1/2in riser. Ill live, cant find my cane, so I threw a rubber cane end on a push broom handle and I'm gimping about. lmao. -.-

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:05 pm Reply with quote
urethane showed up, gonna cast some without inserts, and order some dif inserts to try out also.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2