SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  Skater owned/designed ceramic bearing brand
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Skater owned/designed ceramic bearing brand

Quantum Bearing Science
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:28 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Mar 2021 Posts: 4 Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
My best friend and I have spent 30+ years riding skateboards.

One of us has a degree in chemical engineering and has been exploring different materials and technology in order to make a high quality, low maintenance and more affordable ceramic bearing. They’re great in longboards, standard skateboards, roller skates, etc.

We’re only able to make small runs, each month, because we have day jobs and no staff, but hope to grow.

We just went live. Give us a look and thanks for any suppport.

www.quantumbearing.science

Follow us on Instagram @QuantumBearingScience

Thanks!

@quantumbearingscience
slob-air
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:39 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Send me a set and we'll see what they can do.

You're hitting every bad keyword used in the china made branded with anything skateboard bearing industry. Makes me go hmmmm.

So does that you mention ZrO2 and Si3N4 yet don't say why you mention it. Anyone in the know knows 1 of those suck for bearings. Coatings?!!! YIKES!

Somehow I have a feeling Ron's Nukes will still destroy them.

Send a set over and I'll put them to the test.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:23 am Reply with quote
Where can we get a set of those Nukes? I’ve heard good things about Ron and people told us to reach out to him.

We’re just trying to give people a great, affordable option. And we’re not trying to dethrone any of the other brands.

You don’t have to pay $85 to get a great bearing. If you want to do that, by all means, spend the money. I’ve done it myself.

We’ve had skaters testing these for months before putting them out. Most of the feedback has been outstanding. Other people go back to their preferences. No biggie.

@quantumbearingscience
the black cape
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I used to work on cars as well as skate... I'm not poo-pooing anyone's attempts to make bearings, but i always think that pound for pound a car sealed wheel bearing can last the life of the car but most skate bearings won't last a year... just to add I've not had any car wheel bearings changed for years... and present vw is 65000 miles plus.... it's not a complaint just an observation...
slob-air
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Quantum Bearing Science wrote:
Where can we get a set of those Nukes? I’ve heard good things about Ron and people told us to reach out to him.

Really? Same place I get them: http://www.rocketsskateboardbearings.com/

We’re just trying to give people a great, affordable option. And we’re not trying to dethrone any of the other brands.

Best science, best quality materials and manufacturing and best prices—nobody expects you dethrone anyone.

[quote="Quantum Bearing Science"]You don’t have to pay $85 to get a great bearing. If you want to do that, by all means, spend the money. I’ve done it myself.

Most here ride Rockin Rons Rockets, Nukes etc because of the amazing performance—the prices on those are just a bonus. And when I asked him to send a set for me to test, they arrived in a couple days. Apparently he knew product testing and reviews were something we've done at the Speed-Shop for 20 years and various magazines. We were so blown away that we secured the rights to distribution in Canada via Speed-dealer Distribution.

We’ve had skaters testing these for months before putting them out. Most of the feedback has been outstanding. Other people go back to their preferences. No biggie.

That doesn't sound that good.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome!

If others want to give them a shot that would be appreciated. They’re really great bearings and have gotten really good reviews from skaters.

Keep giving Rockin Ron your support, Slob. He’s a legend.

Thanks!

@quantumbearingscience
Buddur
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Good luck with your venture. Website bookmarked.

Next wheels I get, I'll be sure to try your Atoms.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Cool that you are doing this, and very cool that do your own coating creations, but dude your site is like:

Mumbo jumbo words words enhance words words words enable words words words words words words leverage words words words words words enhance words words words enable words words words words words words leverage words words words!

This coming from a mech engr.

Maybe have an exploded view (people love those) with leaders to where each tech goodie/idea is applied.

No shields?
Quantum Bearing Science
Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:54 pm Reply with quote
The site is definitely a work in progress and I’ll definitely take each bit of constructive criticism back to my partner. Appreciate it!

Shields (along with washers and stickers) are included in our packaging but are not installed.

@quantumbearingscience
mosu101
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:45 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
can you confirm the levels of Zirconium in your product?

is it around 25 Mg?

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) recommended exposure limit (REL) is 5 mg/m3 over an 8-hour workday and a short term limit of 10 mg/m3. At levels of 25 mg/m3, zirconium is immediately dangerous to life and health.[43]

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next