SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  87 Staab...
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

87 Staab...

PyratMike
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Guess since I’m playing in someone else’s sandbox I’ll give a brief introduction. I’m not quite old but I can see it from here. Moved to California from the Midwest in the summer of 85 and almost immediately started skating. First real board was an orange Jeff Phillips breakout. Roached that and picked up a green stain Schmitt Stix Lucero X2....and in 87’ I bought a glorious purple stain Staab, with pink and white Tracker ultralites, yellow rails, baby blue Powell streetstyle wheels to match the baby blue grip. Back then it was all backyard halfpipes and launch ramps in the street. When my Staab finally broke, the ramps were all but gone and like many kids my age I moved on to other things. Wish I could say I’ve been pushing for decades, but I only picked it up again when my daughter said she wanted to skate last year. I told her I can shred and that I’d teach her. I was delusional. It took me nine months to work back up to being even comfortable on the six foot half at the local skate park. I love it though, and despite being the old guy at the park I’m one of the few guys who use the big ramp that isn’t on a fucking scooter.

Anyway, for nostalgia’s sake I picked up a pink stain Staab (couldn’t find purple) and probably paid too much. It’s good though.

Please forgive my ignorance...I was going to ask for opinions about my Staab deck, but don’t see how to attach pictures. Do they need to be hosted on another site?

Thanks...Mike

P.S...be nice. I’m not a big internet person and chances are good you would get your teeth folded back for being a dick to me face to face.

[/img]
PyratMike
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Disregard. I found a posting pictures thread that says you need a host site, so I’ll just pretend it’s worth at least what I paid and call it good.
alldayphila
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I'll take a blind guess at $450. Imgur is not hard to use. Post the pics!
PyratMike
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:50 pm Reply with quote
https://imgur.com/gallery/3j6NlTb

First time using that so hoping it works.
PyratMike
Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:51 pm Reply with quote
It’s dead nuts straight and the only damage is in pics.
chall5
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
PyratMike wrote:

P.S...be nice. I’m not a big internet person and chances are good you would get your teeth folded back for being a dick to me face to face.

[/img]

Ooookay, good first post up til them
PyratMike
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:42 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I’m actually pretty easy going. Just not a punk kid. Not a “troll”. Not looking to get in an argument trying to prove something over the internet. I figure my kind (middle age guy getting back into skating) is assumed to be going through some mid-life crisis shit. I’m not. Got a lot of miles on me. Life’s too short to get worked up over petty stuff on the internet so I mostly just stay away. Seems to be some really cool collectors here though that appreciate the history and obviously have knowledge worth recognizing. Hoping to gain a little drama free insight.
slob-air
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
chall5 wrote:
PyratMike wrote:

[/img]

Ooookay, good first post up til them

You can post images from imgur here, amigo.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:25 pm Reply with quote

PyratMike
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Right on...got it figured.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next