SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Riots
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Riots

Brian
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Posts: 561 Location: New Orleans, Lousy-ana
The Bishop of that church wasn't too pleased Trump used the church for a photo op without so much of a heads up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/cnntv-bishop-trump-photo-op/index.html
x1124x
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2003 Posts: 1467 Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
slob-air wrote:

This morning leaders in the protests were saying those that show up in the evening protests say they are seeing people not even involved in the protest, just showing up, causing shit and taking advantage of the protest for cover so they can loot specific targets. That makes 3 sides.

Thiose "people" are a dime a dozen and need no recruitment.

Antifa is alive and kicking and Philly I can assure you. Can't speak to other cities but Ive seen plenty of videos so I'm guessing they are.

The photo op thing is a non-issue. Every single Pol right and left does the same thing. They are all attention whores.

On the bright side, Covid seems to have been eradicated over night. So there's that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Parker
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:46 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
charlieee wrote:
Parker wrote:
Y’all concerned about some windows being broken right now?
Asking for a friend.

Tell me more........

Asking, not telling. Seeking clarity on the primary concern folks have. I guess the thread title is a giveaway.
pweakland
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm Reply with quote
x1124x wrote:

The photo op thing is a non-issue. Every single Pol right and left does the same thing. They are all attention whores.

On the bright side, Covid seems to have been eradicated over night. So there's that.

Not all politicians gas a bunch of peaceful protesters to stage a weird-ass photo op.

How long before protesters (or rioters, or looters, or BLM, or Antifa) are blamed for a spike in Covid cases?
x1124x
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 Aug 2003 Posts: 1467 Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
pweakland wrote:
x1124x wrote:

Not all politicians gas a bunch of peaceful protesters to stage a weird-ass photo op.

How long before protesters (or rioters, or looters, or BLM, or Antifa) are blamed for a spike in Covid cases?

Come on. Peaceful? I'm not so sure about that.

As for the COVID spike, remember when all those crazy right wing protesters burned down their cities during the riots against the Stay at Home order? They all got blamed for it. So why not all these peaceful protesters?

An article on PennLive.com repeated the once-common argument that protestors shouldn’t receive medical care if they contract the virus.

The Guardian warned that protestors might be spreading the virus “far and wide.”

Jimmy Kimmel, among others, said that protesters are “suicidal.”

Dr. Birx called it “devastatingly worrisome” that protesters would gather in the middle of an outbreak.

The Washington Post assured us that demonstrators “don’t care about lives” while Slate accused them of “twisting the idea of liberty.”

Another Washington Post op-ed compared protesters to Typhoid Mary, as The Week and The Nation both agreed it is “dangerous” to be out rallying at a time like this.

USA Today was even more direct, saying that protesters are “risking your health.”

Sorry it's no longer about George Floyd.
Yes. There are peaceful protests. We had one here in Bethlehem yesterday. Lots of clever signs, and slogan, and ZERO FIRES or INJURIES. Lots of open dialog.
Why can't they all be like that?

Show me a racist law or policy and I will fight right along side you.

For the record, the right and left idealogies are identical. Rank with hypocrisy and bullshit. Both so quick to point out what the other one is doing while they do the same thing.

If i want change it comes from with me. Not Trump. Not Biden.

I decide my own destiny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
pweakland
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:52 pm Reply with quote
x1124x wrote:
pweakland wrote:
x1124x wrote:

Come on. Peaceful? I'm not so sure about that.

As for the COVID spike, remember when all those crazy right wing protesters burned down their cities during the riots against the Stay at Home order? They all got blamed for it. So why not all these peaceful protesters?

An article on PennLive.com repeated the once-common argument that protestors shouldn’t receive medical care if they contract the virus.

The Guardian warned that protestors might be spreading the virus “far and wide.”

Jimmy Kimmel, among others, said that protesters are “suicidal.”

Dr. Birx called it “devastatingly worrisome” that protesters would gather in the middle of an outbreak.

The Washington Post assured us that demonstrators “don’t care about lives” while Slate accused them of “twisting the idea of liberty.”

Another Washington Post op-ed compared protesters to Typhoid Mary, as The Week and The Nation both agreed it is “dangerous” to be out rallying at a time like this.

USA Today was even more direct, saying that protesters are “risking your health.”

Yes. There are peaceful protests. We had one here in Bethlehem yesterday. Lots of clever signs, and slogan, and ZERO FIRES or INJURIES. Lots of open dialog.
Why can't they all be like that?

Show me a racist law or policy and I will fight right along side you.

For the record, the right and left idealogies are identical. Rank with hypocrisy and bullshit. Both so quick to point out what the other one is doing while they do the same thing.

If i want change it comes from with me. Not Trump. Not Biden.

I decide my own destiny.

Yes, peaceful. Protesters in Lafayette Park were peacefully assembled, curfew was not yet in effect, and they were gassed.
pweakland
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:11 pm Reply with quote
by the way, here's the photo trump took at the church...

steve-g
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:25 am Reply with quote
x1124x wrote:

Riots, like divorces, have triggers that lead to rage about much bigger things. UK riots in 2011 were just the same. And politicians, who are afraid of appearing weak, pretend to be 'law and order' hard men. And again like divorce, politicians chose to focus on other people's actions rather than causes and that makes it worse. Marriages break down like that.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
The virus becomes less important when you see that police are allowed to choke you to death in a simple arrest.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2