SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Covid-19 talk, on a personal level
Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Covid-19 talk, on a personal level

Sticks
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
Danno's recent post made me think we need a place to connect/vent/commiserate/share/hope on a personal level. Hoping to stay clear of politics or global bullshit.

I've been working from home & training a new guy remotely since mid-March. I work in mass transit manufacturing so our factory barely paused, being an essential industry. Some colleagues are back, but I'm out for the duration due to having one lung and a shitty cancer history. Work has been really cool about that.

Kids are too young for school and wife was here anyway, so no big deal there. Just sucks to think about all this, and to not be able to roam freely without worry. Also fucking panicking every time I feel a scratchy throat or cough!

Overall, glad to have a job (!) and a safe area with only one active case in my county. Makes glad I live where I do, even though I still see many many "Covidiots" through my front window!

So, how's it affecting your life?

And what do you miss the most?
Nolder40
Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:03 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I miss seeing my kids play with their friends and the relationships they have through school and sport. I understand and we still keep them outside playing here in the backyard, thank goodness they have a large space to wander around.

On a deeply sad note, I was notified this morning that one of my closest coworkers passed away last night having trouble with his organs and was told the death was CV related. I’m going to miss him, we went to ballparks and concerts together and he was the best of dudes.

RIP JayHam you will be missed, gutted here.

OG Poppy

FS Monty Nolder Totem First Run
steve-g
Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 7:00 am Reply with quote
Really sorry to hear that, Nolder.

So far a student of mine has lost his father to Corona and a co-worker lost her cousin from it -multiple organ failure after 3 weeks in ICU.

I might have had Corona, I'm not in a risk group but I still haven't gone more than 1/2 mile from my house in like six weeks. I live in a rural area, a street with 18 houses inside a horticultural research compound. All the scientists are home so we're alone here and it's very quiet; only delivery drivers visit our street. Cause of this we can get out and walk around without seeing anyone.

I'm home with my wife and 8 year old. He gets daily school emails with work and I'm keeping him focused on that. I'm working from home and actually I'm very busy as we adapt all our courses to online. I'm getting good with Zoom! The institution I work for doesn't think we'll be back in the classrom in October. My wife has just got a job as a maths teacher and I wonder if she'll be in school in September.

I miss the local curb for slappies, all I have here is a flat carpark. At least it is smooth. My father who is 77 hasn't been out of his house for 6 weeks and we're only in touch on the phone. Thankful there hasn't been any close relatives dying from this yet.
thugfrm87
Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I miss not having to wash my hands so much. Rethinking everything I do. Asking, did I touch that, should it be cleaned.
I work for the transportation system in Toronto and basically all the subways carry is the homeless.
I also miss seeing my wife and son happy, outside, with their friends.
I miss skating.

I hope everyone is well.

AND, WASH YOUR HANDS!
Sticks
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that Todd. Remembering him and talking about him keeps his spirit alive.

Thanks for sharing, guys.
Parker
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
Just heard a former work colleague, who had been a commonwealth games medal winning sprinter in her day, passed a couple of weeks ago, likely covid related.

This shit doesn't discriminate.
Nolder40
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Sticks wrote:
Sorry to hear that Todd. Remembering him and talking about him keeps his spirit alive.

Thanks for sharing, guys.

Thanks Steve and Sticks, I will always keep the memories alive and tell the stories. Be good guys.....

FS Monty Nolder Totem First Run
chall5
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:52 am Reply with quote
Missed Danno’s post, could someone link it please
steve-g
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 am Reply with quote
Page 7 of this thread:

https://www.skullandbonesskateboards.c...=asc&start=60
Sticks
Posted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:52 am Reply with quote
I miss Taco Bell, and commuting to work. It's a nice drive.

Lame problems I know, but it helps me ignore the bigger ones.

Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next