SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  NATAS, CAB, KROOKED TG and RIP SAW
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

NATAS, CAB, KROOKED TG and RIP SAW

bartjames1974
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
Sons of Bitches -

Interested in getting values / information for these.

Really interested in knowing if the Rip Saw is OG or not - I tend to think not but there is just no info on these!

The NATAS has been touched up a bit.

The CAB an early re-issue.

KROOKED TG from 2003.

Thoughts and opinions cunce...

RIPSAW02 by BJ M, on Flickr

RIPSAW01 by BJ M, on Flickr

NATAS02 by BJ M, on Flickr

NATAS04 by BJ M, on Flickr

NATAS03 by BJ M, on Flickr

NATAS01 by BJ M, on Flickr

CAB01 by BJ M, on Flickr

CAB02 by BJ M, on Flickr

CAB03 by BJ M, on Flickr

GUERERRO01 by BJ M, on Flickr

GUERRERO02 by BJ M, on Flickr
clearfilms
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:45 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
ripsaw looks a lot like a reissue.
i remember the first batch had og bolt hole pattern
bigpapes
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:24 am Reply with quote
A look at the top of the Rip Saw will be another way to tell if it’s a reissue or not. OG has routered cut outs in the well of the tail. Post a pic.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 am Reply with quote
The Cab you have is a very rare reissue under the name Powell Skateboards. It's hard to pin down the actual year of this particular reissue because this deck has two different roman numeral dates on it. On the bottom you have MCMLXXXVI ( 1986) and then under the logo on the front you have MCMLXXXVIII ( 1988) which is an anomaly in itself. It's not rare for re-issues to have two different dates with one showing the original date and one showing the date of re-issue, but the fact that your deck has two dates that don't exactly seem to make sense based on the company history adds a sense of mystery.

At the end of 1991 Stacy Peralta left the Company. It wasn't until 2010 when Powell Skateboards was folded because thats the year Stacy came back.

Because of the fact that this Cab deck was reissued under "Powell Skateboards" in a completely unique colorway from later reissues, with a white base, yellow dragon and translucent chain motif behind the dragon it should carry a higher premium to the collector who is looking for rarity in a re-issue. Later reissues of a white base color Chinese dragon Caballero didn't occur until 2017 with a green dragon and black chain motif.

I would place the value based on the company history and scarcity between $600-$800 but as with all collectibles its worth is based solely on the value someone is willing to pay for it. If this was the final missing piece to my collection I would pay $1000 for it no questions asked.
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
dubaholic1 wrote:
The Cab you have is a very rare reissue under the name Powell Skateboards. It's hard to pin down the actual year of this particular reissue because this deck has two different roman numeral dates on it. On the bottom you have MCMLXXXVI ( 1986) and then under the logo on the front you have MCMLXXXVIII ( 1988) which is an anomaly in itself. It's not rare for re-issues to have two different dates with one showing the original date and one showing the date of re-issue, but the fact that your deck has two dates that don't exactly seem to make sense based on the company history adds a sense of mystery.

At the end of 1991 Stacy Peralta left the Company. It wasn't until 2010 when Powell Skateboards was folded because thats the year Stacy came back.

Because of the fact that this Cab deck was reissued under "Powell Skateboards" in a completely unique colorway from later reissues, with a white base, yellow dragon and translucent chain motif behind the dragon it should carry a higher premium to the collector who is looking for rarity in a re-issue. Later reissues of a white base color Chinese dragon Caballero didn't occur until 2017 with a green dragon and black chain motif.

I would place the value based on the company history and scarcity between $600-$800 but as with all collectibles its worth is based solely on the value someone is willing to pay for it. If this was the final missing piece to my collection I would pay $1000 for it no questions asked.

its a reissue from 2005 or thereabouts. second cab chinese dragon reissue from memory.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
clearfilms wrote:
ripsaw looks a lot like a reissue.
i remember the first batch had og bolt hole pattern

ripsaw is a reissue.

if it looks like a reissue and smells like a reissue, then it is probably a reissue.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 am Reply with quote
dubaholic1 wrote:

All the above is pretty funny.
It’s a reissue, simple...
The values you’re swinging with are simply ridiculous.
6-800 ain’t never going to happen, let alone be 1K
Go back and do you’re homework before commenting like a pro....on reissues 😄

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 am Reply with quote
stony wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

pwned like a motherfucker

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:00 pm Reply with quote
stony wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Yes it's a re-issue but a very rare one at that. Very rare and historically significant since its under the Powell name only, not Powell and Peralta as later re-issues were. There are not may of these rare early Cab re-issues out there, and certainly among the rarest.

As I wrote above the value of something to a collector is worth what they willing to pay for it.

OP asked what we thought it was worth and I gave an assessment based on what I would be willing to pay for it.

You may not like the fact that some people are willing to plunk down big money on something that you find worthless, but its people like me that are driving the market. It's people like me who preserve and maintain the values, driving prices and preserving the worth of collections.

I've found this pervasive provincial mentality of the skateboard community just a part of the hazards of collecting. You are not the arbiter of anything other than your own opinion, as am I but the difference is I have the wallet to back it up.

Synopsis for those with short attention spans:
If you don't like what I am willing to pay for something, too fucking bad.
stony
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:10 pm Reply with quote
dubaholic1 wrote:
stony wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Yes it's a re-issue but a very rare one at that. Very rare and historically significant since its under the Powell name only, not Powell and Peralta as later re-issues were. There are not may of these rare early Cab re-issues out there, and certainly among the rarest.

As I wrote above the value of something to a collector is worth what they willing to pay for it.

OP asked what we thought it was worth and I gave an assessment based on what I would be willing to pay for it.

You may not like the fact that some people are willing to plunk down big money on something that you find worthless, but its people like me that are driving the market. It's people like me who preserve and maintain the values, driving prices and preserving the worth of collections.

I've found this pervasive provincial mentality of the skateboard community just a part of the hazards of collecting. You are not the arbiter of anything other than your own opinion, as am I but the difference is I have the wallet to back it up.

Synopsis for those with short attention spans:
If you don't like what I am willing to pay for something, too fucking bad.

Well, for you’re 4th post , this can count.
You drive the market...
Owkay...here we go...
The reissue you value is probably worth a little more then the market price it came when they released it. Being around 100 bucks.
It’s a crappy heat transfer and not that special tbh...
The whole Powell is on it without the peralta story, doesn’t have anything to do with the value.
If you feel like paying 1K for this thing, you’re nuts.
There’s not even something like reissue collectors...Let alone be a ‘collection’ of reissues...
But I could be wrong off course, since I’m only collecting those 40 year old skateboards....
I like you’re commitment, but again, do you’re homework before spending a shitload on crap...just because you have the money for it.
And switch to OG decks instead of those reissues.
That would be a very good start...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next