SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Powerflex company rolodex from the 70's - historians read
Page 1 of 1    

Powerflex company rolodex from the 70's - historians read

holyghost
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I bought a rolodex from someone who used to run Powerflex. It is packed with names, numbers and addresses from the late 70's. Lots of shops, skateparks, companies, and so on. Plenty of stuff I have never even heard of, lost names. I took pics (am in the process of taking) of all of them to sell on ebay, but I really don't have any aspiration that many will sell. Not why I am posting.

I'm posting here in case someone is LEGITIMATELY interested in the pic archive. In order to make some sort of online database or archive of these companies from the early days of skateboarding. I'm not enthused on having my time wasted, so this isn't me just dropping pcs on anyone who asks. Don't ask if you're not going to make use of them, or have a billion projects on your plate but get nothing done. This is for the direct intent of archiving some of skateboarding's early history, which is otherwise lost entirely. Many of these names didn't print anything of their own, so these rolodex cards may be the only thing remaining of the memory of the place or the brand.

Check here to see the gist of what I am referring to, this auction is just one of a handful. There might be 3-500 cards total when it's all said and done:

EBAY AUCTION LINK
slob-air
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
That'd be real interesting to go through.

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:36 pm Reply with quote
The handwritten notes on the cards are great.

Ampul - 20% (scratch scratch scratch) 10 Days (scratch scratch scratch) CASH ONLY
San Diego Oldschooler
Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 03 Oct 2003 Posts: 2832 Location: Down South in San Diego
See if The Roller Shop in la Jolla is in there or our other shop, Free Spirit Skate Shop in San Diego is in it.

SDO

Page 1 of 1