SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Sims Quicksilver
Page 1 of 1    

Sims Quicksilver

Billz804
Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm looking for an appraisal on my Sims Quicksilver.

Quicksilver 90kg
ACS 500 trucks
Green Kryptonic 70mm wheels

Thanks for any info!
steve-g
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Cool set up.

Interesting that it's a 3 hole Quicksilver; I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. It's an early example, I guess, being Sims also.

Trucks also interesting with the three hole plastic bases - I thought only Bennett had plastic bases back then.

Wheels are the very popular green Kryps. Seized bearings?

Dunno much about value - $350?

Here's what I'd do: sell the wheels and trucks in two separate auctions, with the money raised by new Bennett trucks and some slalom wheels. Wedge the trucks and you've got a fantastic pumping machine. Those decks are so good and bouncy.
Billz804
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
steve-g wrote:
Cool set up.

Interesting that it's a 3 hole Quicksilver; I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. It's an early example, I guess, being Sims also.

Trucks also interesting with the three hole plastic bases - I thought only Bennett had plastic bases back then.

Wheels are the very popular green Kryps. Seized bearings?

Dunno much about value - $350?

Here's what I'd do: sell the wheels and trucks in two separate auctions, with the money raised by new Bennett trucks and some slalom wheels. Wedge the trucks and you've got a fantastic pumping machine. Those decks are so good and bouncy.

Hi Steve, I appreciate the response!

In my research, I wasn't able to find any other 3 hole Quicksilvers online, either!

I can take another look at the trucks and see if there are any markings. I suppose swapping baseplates would've been possible, eh?

I'm 28 years old -- these are the first 3 hole trucks I've ever seen lol. But the fact that they're "early" or historical in skateboarding is awesome, in my opinion.

Bearings weren't seized, actually! They were some German brand, I believe. I popped them out and put in some newer ones I had just to ride around, though.

You're right about this deck being bouncy -- it's a ton of fun! I'll definitely consider your recommendation about the trucks.

Im totally stoked about this board. Going to take her out to some parking garages with the boys tonight.. wish me luck!
Indy2992
Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 22 Apr 2004 Posts: 1700 Location: That empty pool off La Tuna Canyon
Kenny Hughes from Element? Nah

Page 1 of 1