SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Documenting progress
Page 1 of 1    

Documenting progress

distalradiusreduction
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
As I am a couple months into my 5th wave of interest in skateboarding, the idea of documenting my progress has come to me. I have never been big on vlogging or even getting video of myself (although I have benefited from my friends who love to video everything!), but my daughter has an interest in it and I find myself seeking videos of other guys showing the challenges and tips of learning to skate again as a middle ager.

My thought is this: pick a goal (like frontside airs above the coping on a vert ramp) and video the progress and post it to inspire others in the future. I am not looking to get famous or gain followers. I am looking to inspire myself and other men who might think they are too old to learn new stuff. I also would use it as a learning experience for my daughter who wants to get into "Youtubing".

I am looking for advice on what to do and what not to do to make the videos interesting and inspiring, while avoiding the things that will commonly turn people off. Camera type, shot angles, music or not, voice over, etc.

All input welcome!

Page 1 of 1