SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Question
Page 1 of 1    

Question

Irish1896
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
Built my daughter a complete board from Paisley Skateboards. I didn't do my research I guess, and it turns out the Paranoid Tiers deck I built her was limited to 150 decks made. Should she hang it on a wall and just use my board til we can get her a new board? I'm afraid of people making fun of her for skating that Paranoid Tiers deck, and I don't want her thinking skating sucks right off the bat. In my defense the store I bought the board from had nothing about it being limited to 150 decks. Suggestions?

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Whichever shes the most stoked on. Limited doesn't mean u cant skate it. My daughters 1st deck was a Jamie Thomas that's been out of production for several yrs. Although the price was more because it is harder to find that was the one she wanted the most and was more likely to keep riding.

Buddur
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Sounds more like you don't want to lose a chance at an investment, in case the deck will be worth alot of money someday what with the limited production and all. That's a legit concern. But if your daughter picked it out herself you better get it setup soon cause she won't settle for any other i'd bet. A deck means alot more to kids if they pick it out themselves than if you gave it to them.

And are you afraid of people making fun of her, or is she.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:21 am Reply with quote
I picked the board out for her, but got her approval before we ordered it. From all I'm hearing, she should just skate her board! Thanks for all the advice!

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
It's a skateboard, if she's hyped on it, let her ride.

Have fun!

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Being limited to 150 decks doesn't mean it is in demand. Go on ebay & see what they are selling for. There are alot of decks out there ... reissues & not so reissues ... that were limited to 100 or 200 or what ever & are all over ebay for $60.00. Paisley decks included.

So my advice, see what the market is bringing, just in case. Some of them Paisley decks do appreciate. Especially the Cliver art. If they don't look like they are ... let her shred it!

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Let her skate it. That's what it was made for.
Her enjoyment is worth a 1000 times more than what it MIGHT be worth in the future.
Live for now and happy experiences with your kid.

Page 1 of 1